First Time Clubbing? My Tips And Tricks

This past weekend me and my friends decided on a spontaneous drunken adventure in Nottingham city, we needed to forget about work and adult life, let our hair down, and dance the night away in a mind blurred, feet aching rage. And it was one of the best weekends of my life.
I need to write about how great my weekend was, but I also remembered that the first ever time I went clubbing I was on the internet mass researching about what clubbing was like, how I should prepare, etc etc. I needed to know everything. So while I post about my great weekend I'm also going to share my personal wisdom to the world on how to have the greatest night ever.


Preparing
I take the entire day to get ready. I have to sleep in because you'll be out late, I have to have a bath and scrub, and face mask, and moisturise every. Single. part. of. my. body. I have to make my hair pretty, my makeup pretty... I love the process of getting ready for nights out.

I have an addiction to buying dresses for nights out, but I was so so surprised to find that girls really just wear anything. You don't need that skin tight mini dress that rides up too much and is uncomfortable to wear.. So many girls wear jeans and a nice top. And shoes!! Girls wear flats!! I love wearing heels so much, but by three in the morning I'm in agony and it ruins the night, I wore converse one night and it was one of the best nights out, because they're easier to dance in and you can last for-ever. 

The bag. What to take on a night out. My friends fill their bags with all sorts. I bring flats, enough money plus emergency money, a piece of paper with my mums number on and some emergency taxi numbers on, my house key, my ID, my phone. That's all I've found I've needed. My friends bring makeup, but when you're drunk and happy you don't care what you look like, it's all sweating off anyway and you really don't want to miss your fave song while you were reapplying mascara when you already have more than enough on your already beautiful lashes.
Over the shoulder bags are a god send because they feel more secure and it's so much more fun being able to dance with free hands.

Actual clubbing
I can't tell you how many absolutely amazing people I've met while drunk on a night out. I was expecting horny boys and bitchy girls, but the girls bathroom is one of the most amazing places you'll find (if you ignore the flooding -seriously) because everyone speaks their mind and girls will tell you when you look beautiful, they will stroke your hair and compliment your outfit and killer shoes, they will drag you away from boys who won't leave you alone, they cry and come to you for advice and tell you their life stories. It's just a great atmosphere full of amazing people.

Boys. My biggest fear was guys spiking drinks, not leaving me alone, being forceful, rude etc. But I've never seen this, it's true that guys look for a good time by dancing with girls, just like many girls do with guys, but I've found they don't care about drama, they get bored and move on really quickly if you're not interested. But it's also really fun to dance with boys and you shouldn't be scared of it.

Water. Do not be afraid to get some water. Every time I go out I get a few glasses of water in me, it's not weak it's smart. It makes the night last longer if you know your limit and keep a level head, it stops hangovers, keeps you hydrated etc. Water is mostly free in all the clubs I've been to, and I get it for so many people who I can see is getting too drunk or need a wake-me-up.

At home
The second I get in, I drink at least two glasses of water, then take one to bed with me, I carry a bucket and some paracetemol to bed just in case, quickly take my makeup off with micellar water which is also a god send and just flop into bed to catch as much sleep as I can. I always find I'm up the next day around 8am which is just fantastic when you don't get to bed 'till 6am.

That's what I've learnt and how I prepare myself. But most of all it's about having fun, not being ridiculous and aiming for "paralytic"ness because that's not fun at all. Just dance your little heart away with some alcohol and friends and make new friends with some of the amazing people you meet in the clubbing world.
 This was my view from the train on the way down which is always a beautiful journey
 This is the view from our hotel room for the weekend.
 Typical hotel OOTD, my dress is from New Look -currently on sale, and my shoes are Forever 21 but bought back in March 2016.
 Gotta add this low quality, probably awful photo, because we both look so happy here!
Also gotta add this, I was caught up in the amazing atmosphere of us all pre drinking and getting ready and needed a photo just to remind me how I felt, but mostly it's on here because it's a close up of my beautiful shoes.


(I'm trying to post regularly I promise)


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey