Wild Heart

I'm absolutely, bloody knackered. Days on end of intense doings and outings have withered me to just about nothing.
It's only day three.
I have no stamina.

Today we went to West Midlands Safari Park, which is about as safari as health and safety England gets, most of the animals aren't locked in away in cages but I think if all the lions, tigers, cheetahs and wild dogs were let loose there'd be.. well a lot of chaos let's put it at that.
So we went to a safari, I came here quite a few years ago and found it quite meh, but this time round I have completely fell in love, last time I didn't see giraffes or elephants, which I love, growing up I had a collection of giraffes. My mum used to work in this shop and work late lights, she used to buy me a giraffe every so often and put him on my pillow for me to wake up to. Best childhood memories. At five years old I was in love with the giraffes at the zoo and used ride the giraffe on the funfair rides. I guess a big part of my childhood is just giraffes.
Today I got to hand feed a giraffe and have one so physically close to me, I was almost reduced to tears, but I'll blame that on the little sleep I'm getting...
They are the most beautiful creatures.. As was the baby elephant playing around in the dirt, and the lazy tigers and wild cats sunbathing around.

Since I was last there they have definitely turned the place into a family fun place. There was a little fair there before but now it's a full blown theme park, there are sanctuaries to look round, sea lion shows, reptile and insect houses.. There's absolutely everything there, including a dinosaur land. This place is big on secret education, where you think you're just there to have fun but really you're learning so much about so many different things. And you know what, the staff there are so friendly, normally people are so moody at these places it was a refreshing surprise to see staff actually care about their job... anyway, I must stop talking because there's a hell of a lot of photos to put up... some are similar because I couldn't choose my favourites.






















 How gross is my hair when it's not straightened...



















 You've gotta throw in a food pic... sorry.




 Also gotta throw in selfie...




Whew, that's everything, these penguins were the cutest things ever, I've never known penguins to be so social, these were following you around after attention (probably just fish) it was adorable.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey