STOP BLAMING WOMEN

Jealous Wife Hacks Phone

I saw this headline in a newspaper just yesterday, had a brief read of the story, and well, now I'm here writing this post. The story read that a woman was suspicious of her husband, used his thumbprint to unlock his phone while he was sleeping to check his messages, found out he had cheated, and confronted him the next morning, where she was assaulted and he was arrested.

A woman was assaulted by her husband and the headline was "Jealous Wife" like somehow pinning the blame onto women decreases the severity of his crime. Like somehow blaming rape victims on their clothing choices excuses a man of his monstrous actions.

It's disgusting.

If men get turned on at the sight of women in certain clothes then am I "asking for it" walking down the street in a nurses outfit? Just like I'm "asking for it" when I wear shorts on a hot day?

Someone at work keeps telling me to stop pulling up my leggings because "I'm basically telling him" to look at my legs, because I'm practically "begging it" off of him.

I'm sick to death of us women being labelled as the reason so many of us get attacked, people seem to forget men are victims too yet when they're walking down the street with minimal clothing women aren't looking at them thinking "they're asking for it".

A man can be wearing no shirt looking hot as hell, and most would think "I want a man like that", a woman rapist would think something probably a lot more threatening.
Just like a man with morals wouldn't think threatening things towards a girl in shorts, but a male rapist would.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what a girl does or wears. If a man is capable of rape he is capable of rape and it's all on him.

I'm tired of walking the streets scared, I'm tired of men wolf whistling at me every day, or nearly crashing their bloody motorbike because I'm wearing a goddamn dress, I'm sick of not being able to pull my leggings up at work, at coming home every night angry because all day men have been making comments at me like I'm here for their pleasure and admiration.

I'm tired of not feeling safe.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey