Worth The Hype? LUSH Bath Products

It's the 19th and I've only done three posts this month! What is happening!? I haven't been able to do anything productive this week because I've been babysitting everyday, and I haven't felt the best as my body is so all over the place at the minute.
The past two weeks I've become absolutely besotted with Dancing With The Stars, which English TV isn't blessed with. I found out that Janel Parrish was on it (Mona from Pretty Little Liars) and then I was obviously found out about Val Chmerkovskiy and fell a teeny bit head over heels, and I've been on YouTube watching all these dances, absolutely in love with the show and trying to figure out how I can become famous and get myself on the show so I can dance with Val.

I'm writing this post, which has nothing at all to do with Dancing With The Stars, because I've wanted to buy LUSH for years, it was just one of those things that you just never get round to investing in. However for Christmas I finally got some. I have used three different bath bombs and loved them so much I wanted to talk about them properly. Then I thought about talking about it's hype and whether LUSH lives up to it's countless Instagrammed photos of magical looking baths.
I find that most hyped products don't blow me away whatsoever. And after years of lusting and drooling over LUSH products, the brand had a lot to live up to.
I've only ever wanted to try them because I liked the look and smell of them, and my favourite people raved constantly about them. However after purchasing some I've realised that they aren't a bath bomb brand, they're a skin brand. The bath bombs aren't packed with fake chemicals to make them seem better than they are, they are handmade using vegan products, as much natural ingredients as possible, and safe synthetics which, you know, have to be used. I've learnt that it's not about having a colourful bath, the products are packed with ingredients which are so good for the skin, essential oils, and nourishing products which actually work.
The most surprising thing that I found is that before LUSH, whenever I had a bath after a while the water would start to feel groggy and the thought of sitting in my own dirt would freak me out and I'd have to shower afterwards because I didn't actually feel clean. But LUSH keeps the water feeling fresh and brand new the entire time and I can stay in the bath as long as I want without feeling groggy.
The three bath bombs I used were Dashing Santa, Twilight, and The experimenter. I took hundreds of photos each bath I had, however none of them were Instagram worthy, so I'm going to post them all here now and write a bit about how I liked each one.


Dashing Santa
This was the first one I used, I don't remember it having a huge affect on my skin once out of the bath, aside from the really fresh clean feeling, in all honesty I feel cleaner with these bath bombs than I do with my own shower wash. It's an orangey citrus flavour which I was a little worried about because I really don't like orange flavoured things at all, but it isn't very over powering or particularly orangey, someone described it best as more of an orange sherbert, a sweet, refreshing smell rather than potent orange, it's also the more subtle smelling of the three I bought. It turned my bath a vibrant red/deep orange with a white foamy layer on top, it was very festive considering the season it is made for and set the perfect Christmassy mood. I feel like this was a nice way to bring myself into LUSH, it wasn't a big fancy product with fizzles and hundreds of colours, it was simple but really showed the quality that the brand has to offer.




Twilight
This was the second one I used and my favourite so far, it's a pink ball with blue and purple and glitter inside. Once in the water some of the pink dissolves to expose the blue which creates bubbles, this causes the bomb to swash around in the water in an amusing way (because it's not usually much fun watching a bath bomb slowly dissolve) glitter starts to emerge and fill the water, I know a lot of people don't like having glitter in their bath but this didn't transfer onto my skin once I'd left (however it has on other people). The smell of this one is my favourite, it's supposed to be lavender but I smelt something a lot nicer than that. Once fully dissolved my bath water seemed to be an almost black colour with glitter floating through, on the surface was pink and blue bubbles and foam (not bubbles like bubble bath, small one layer bubbles). It looked magical and smelt amazing, but my favourite thing about this bath bomb was what it did to my skin! While in the bath the foam was so moisturising on my skin, and once I was out of the bath I was a silky Goddess! The ingredients are designed to be nourishing and relaxing, and with it containing lavender oil it's the perfect before bed wind down relaxing bath bomb. Coming out of the bath I was so calm and relaxed and my skin felt amazing and everything smelt amazing. The water also changed from a black looking colour to a lilac once my eyes had adjusted to it.  






The Experimenter
I used this one yesterday, this one has had a lot of mixed reviews and I really can't see why. People are saying the colour of the water was horrible or that the smell was too strong and unpleasant. The smell was my least favourite against the others, but once in the bath it might actually be my favourite, it's supposed to be vanilla scented, I can't describe what the smell actually is but I really like it, it's strong and fills the entire bathroom with it's scent without it being really powerful and over the top, it's strong in the sense that it fills the room and lingers on your skin and in your hair long after your bath. It creates a multitude of colours on the surface of the water, but the water itself turned into this emerald green colour swirling with glitter (which did stay on my skin post bath) this also had moisturising properties and left my skin feeling fresh, smooth, twinkly and clean. I really, really enjoyed this one. Twilight was my favourite because of it's qualities, but this was more enjoyable. I would definitely repurchase this one. As well as the others but this one somehow stands out among the rest..
I haven't got a photo of it pre-bath, bit it's a really cool hexagonal (I think I can't remember how many sides it had now) shape, split in half by colours, and split again length ways by colour so it had all different sections of different colours.




Point being, yes LUSH really does live up to it's hype. I've had bath bombs before which did absolutely nothing to my bath, one time I had a pink one which turned my water a very washy pale pink...but that was the extent of that.
When I come out of the bath I feel different, LUSH works, my skin always feels clean and smells amazing and is unbelievably smooth afterwards, and the baths do feel magical and look pretty and have glitter floating around, it does create some kind of foam/bubbles instead of blank coloured water. I've never truly loved a particular brand before this one. And when I get paid I'm going to invest in some of their actual products, if they're anything like the bath bombs, I know can trust them to deliver what it says on the label.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey