Currently Listening To...

I've got another ridiculously hectic week at work again this week, why did I agree to working more evenings. So I've gotta try cram in blog writing, but I don't think that'll be too hard of a challenge, I bought myself a new laptop today and I'm so obsessed with it I think I'll be spending most my time on here. Hopefully at least.
For the first time in such a long time, I'm finally getting a currently listening to up again! And as the only music I'm listening to at the minute is Bastille's new album, I can catch up on old songs that came out a while ago/things I've been listening to for the past few months.


Bastille - Final Song Live Lounge (MO Cover), Bastille's last Live Lounge performance, their cover of We Can't Stop is what started the original Bastille obsession. Dan has an ear for music and can change songs to fit their own genre (as seen in Other People's Heartache) but also add little things to the song (mostly sneaky humour). In this song he does a lovely bit of raspy (my favourite thing in the world) then changes the song into Final Countdown by Europe which sounds so good, and then they add in a bit of Craig David's 7 Days and the whole song is work of genius art. I haven't stopped listening to it at all!

Panic! At The Disco - LA Devotee, I've spoke about this way before when the new album came out, but the video for it was released last week, and my love for the song has been rekindled. The video is creepy and Panic-esque and screams Stranger Things themed! I think the boy in it is even Will from the show. The video has changed my opinion on the meaning of the song, I feel like the song is representing people coming to LA and being poisoned and stripped of their usual selves by LA's culture. Which is obvious by the title, but I still see my original perspective of the song as well as this one.

Twenty One Pilots - Cancer (MCR Cover), when I saw this some up on my youtube suggested I could already feel the tears, it is a quite a daring song to choose to cover being it's about cancer and originally from a much loved band, but TOP do the song justice. They've changed the perspective completely, it's just as emotional and heart breaking but comes from a completely different angle. My Chemical Romance sing this song in anger, hating the world for this horrible disease, whereas TOP sing it in a slower, more sad way. I love that this song is saying that it's okay to not want to be strong with cancer and that you can want to give up, because you're constantly told to be strong and keep going but I doubt that how people actually feel most of the time.

Emeli Sande - Hurts, I heard this on the radio and when I got home the Live Lounge version was on youtube waiting to be watched, and now I can't stop listening to the Live Lounge performance plainly because Emeli absolutely slays it. Her vocals are incredible. The title gives away what the song is about, generally being in a relationship with someone who's not putting anything into it and you're using all your energy to keep it going, I love it.

Sum 41 - War, this is a new song, or kinda new now because I never post, that most the fans hate because it's "not heavy enough" I absolutely love the song but then again I'm not the biggest fan of super heavy stuff, it's about changing yourself and becoming a better person, how hard it is and how you have to physically be at war with yourself. I love the line "what am I fighting for, everything back and more" because it really hits deep, even if I'm perfectly happy with myself right now it still hits deep. The song's a declaration to say that this is the last straw and I'm making sure things only go up from here and I love it.

So that's all I'm going to write for now because I've got another Currently Listening To to go up next week and I'll still just be listening to Bastille, so I'll save the other songs for then.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey