Five Happy Things

I've just finished my last exam for the term, now sat down with a loose leaf tea (my favourite), and reading through some blogs when I came across a post from my all time favourite blogger Little Winter, she wrote a post called five happy things and it was something I really needed to read today. So I'm borrowing her idea and using it in a post of my own. Five happy things is just a simple 5 moments/things/people that I have appreciated lately, just to make me appreciate the little things a bit more.

1. Loved ones
My friends and family have been my absolute rock these past few weeks, they've been there for me in more ways than I could possibly hope for. My friend has been stern with me in a loving way to motivate me to finish uni, to go to the gym, and to keep away from naughty foods.
My mum has been a place to go to, a sanctuary away from the stress, my sister the best distraction, and my boyfriend has been the best shoulder to cry on and go to person to let loose on my problems and remind me why I want everything I'm working for.

2. My birthday
I turned 21 on the 5th this month! I was so worried I wouldn't get to have the big celebration I wanted and I did but only because I had every single person that meant the world to me with me, we had a chilled night of food and drinks and it was one of those little moments I got to take myself out of the situation to really appreciate everything I had. And I cannot be more thankful for that.

3. My cats
As a huge crazy cat lady moving away from them into student accommodation has been miserable! But spending the odd nights at my mums and being greeted by happy cats who have missed me is so amazing. My little Lillie becomes my shadow every time I go back, she stays in the same spot, curled up to my back all night when we sleep, waits outside the bathroom door when I pee, and follows me around all day, she's such an angel.

4. Being creative
I'm such a creative person, writing art and music have always been such a big part of me and this past week I've got back into writing and I've set up my bullet journal properly which allows me to blast music and just doodle and let loose on my creative side with a cup of tea and candles flickering, it has been really cathartic for me and I've really enjoyed it.

5. Myself
I've really pushed myself this week and I'm so proud of what I've achieved. I said I would come back onto my blog to update on whether I managed to get things done and start being a bit more responsible with my life, and I've succeeded. Today I officially completed my first term of uni. I caught up on all my missed practical sessions after talking to my tutors, I made it to my exam today and feel like I've absolutely aced it. I've been eating proper food and drinking lots. I really wasn't sure I'd pass this term but I have and I'm ready to start my first nursing placement in January on a breast care ward, so excited.


Shan x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey