Currently Listening To... (9)

I've officially vowed to get back into blogging, there's a few posts I'm excited to get up, and I'm starting with a Currently Listening To in the middle of the week because I need to get some music off my chest. I have such a long list of music I couldn't write it all out in one go next Monday it would be too long. I'm only putting the random odd little songs in this post, then on Monday I'll do the big sha-bang of music.
Also how nice is today's weather, I'm sunburnt (only slightly) in April, when it was just snowing a few days ago..


Best Fake Smile - James Bay, I don't know much of James' music but the opinion I do/did have of him is that he's acoustic and sings slow songs, so when I first heard this I was pleasantly surprised by the badassish vibe it has, it's punchy and oh my god -raspy and it's impossible not to dance to it somehow, it's such a happy song and it makes me want to jump around, I can't quite get enough of it.

No - Pentatonix (cover from Meghan Trainor), this week I have rekindled my love immensely with PTX, and oh how I have missed the little covers with the black backdrop. It's weird to see how they've all grown and changed this past year, I really liked what Avi did in this song, and Mitch as usual just blew me away with his vocal range, and the pauses/intros Kevin did too! I love the sass in the in this song so much but mostly it's just so nice to see another black drop cover.

Say Something - Pentatonix (cover from A Great Big World), I've spoke about this before but I really need to re-talk about it. Avi is the bass. Kevin in the percussion. Kirsty is not the lead. Yet in this song they all show they're the best singers -including Scott and Mitch. I never was the biggest fan of the original version because I feel it lacks a powerful climax, for me personally I love a good dramatic climax to sweep me off my feet and this version has three. The first one is Avi's solo where he doesn't just sing, but really shows off some long, strong notes that have me swooning and crying every time! Then they all fall quiet to individually layer the song back up to climax again for Kirsty so show off the long high notes that you wouldn't even believe could come out of her. Then the song ends with Kevin actually singing! I love that when Kirsty sings her high notes, Avi, Mitch  and Scott work together as a new trio backing her, them three together make magic. And Kevin's beat-boxing is insane in this song, I still do not understand how they do not have a real drum. And through all of this they still keep the delicacy of the original song, just adding that climax I wanted. Looking for a climax to this song is how I originally found Pentatonix and it's still my favourite song by them to date.

Cheap Thrills - Sia ft Sean Paul, I don't normally like songs from the charts as I say all the time, but I love Sia and I love the kind of reggae vibes Sean Paul brings to this song, it feels like the perfect summer song it's very guilty pleasure-y and the type of song you'd hate by the end of summer, then play it two years later and be all nostalgic at the summer of this song.

I did have a few more songs but I've wrote way too much about Say Something which has made the post huge, so the rest will be posted next Monday, which I think will be pretty long..


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey