Hello London

On Tuesday I finally, finally, visited London. London is one of my favourite places in the world and I've wanted to go there since I was very very tiny. It's just as magical as it seems, or more so. We traveled by coach and the girls in front of me were less than pleased with my "oh my God Chipotle!!!" "AAAAAH BAKER STREET" "The shops! The shops! Look Oxford street!" "Holy moly it's Park Lane we're in Monopoly!!" but I was far too happy and in my element to care, the buildings in London are absolutely stunning, it looks like how the rest of the world sees England. The red buses are red, we even went on a few trying to navigate round London (not the easiest thing in the world, navigating London). It wasn't the tourist-y trip. We didn't see the Thames or the eye or Big Ben, or even the Queen. We did see Baker Street (Sherlock's house) and Oxford street where I did a lot of shopping. But the day was generally a nice little ease into London. Second trip is coming soon when we can truly see everything, and I can get myself in front of the official 221B of Baker Street. So for now, I have a few photos of what London looks like, and a 'what I bought' post is coming soon.
 I know nothing about this photo is worthy of being posted anywhere, but you've gotta post an excited pre-destination photo when you're off somewhere exciting.
 It was raining most of the day. Typical, thank you Britain. Just coming into London I got a quick photo of an underground.
 I kind of a little bit had to. I get excited over things like this, quite shamefully.
 This is Baker Street, Sherlock's house is where the cluster of umbrellas are where fans were taking photos.






 Oxford Street.

 I don't know why I took a photo of this, it's a pretty building, like everything is in London.




 The Disney shop in Oxford street is so magical, the Princess section is submerged under a castle like walkway, there's a Cinderella carriage, and everything was decorated to perfection.






 To end the day, of course you have to pretend to be sophisticated and pick up a Starbucks. And if you want to be really sophisticated you can go and pick up the wrong person's drink because you think "ey, Chariel is similar to my name and Starbucks never gets names right, right?" only to find that what you're drinking is definitely not a coconut latte.

 Post London sneak peek at my shopping.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey