Currently Listening To...

I wasn't going to do one of these this week, purely because I always do these posts! And because I missed Monday and I always like them to go up on a Monday.
However.
I have come across a song that I just can't wait until next week to talk about, so I've had no other choice but to post a currently listening to...


Despacito - Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee, this is the song. Bieber or no Bieber both are just as great, but I like the authenticity of the culture in the original. This song is just so so perfect, I have a secret little obsession with dance, especially salsa and this song has me going all salsa-queen around my house. It's so happy and upbeat and in Spanish. It's the perfect example of music doing what music does best, you don't need to know the words of a song for it to be great, and man this is a great song. And it's even more great when played very loud, I can't wait to be driving round in summer with the windows down and this song blaring.

Believer - Imagine Dragons, this song is so god damn bad ass! My dancing looks a lot more crazy with this one because every "HEEEEYY" (at least I think it's hey, I also think he could be saying "pain" but who knows?) comes with a weird hands in the air pose. This song makes you feel strong and powerful and able to conquer anything and everything and I looove it!

Kings And Queens - 30 Seconds To Mars, my love for rock has come back!! After listening to bands like Bastille and Twenty One Pilots and Kodaline for sooo long, I have returned. There's just something too good about guitars in a song, and a good guitar solo is always the way to my heart. The Kill came on in the club one night and I forgot how much that song was just everything and I've been listening to them since.

Misery - Blink 182, I never really got round to listening to the new album, but this came on shuffle on Spotify and I really liked it, it has that more old school sound that I love and I like how relatable it is, the line "Misery loves company, I don't need anyone" is so good because I like how your life can feel so messed up and you still feel strong like you can conquer it on your own (even though I feel like this song is about being in denial about actually needing someone)

Flammable - Biffy Clyro, I don't know all of these guys' songs, but the ones I do I absolutely obsess over Many of Horror being the first, obviously, and actually is one I'm obsessed with again at the moment, then it was Biblical which is just suuuuch a good song!! And when they brought out a new album I was so excited!! But didn't click with the first few songs and never really listened again, but on the same playlist I found Misery, I also came across Flammable. Which has my badass guitars I love so much!! And the song came at a perfect time.. it's about being too scared to jump into love, just as I was in a very similar situation and this song made me think I could do it and I love it for that. Also, you gotta love Biffy Clyro because the accents are beautiful!!

I could add a few more but I'll leave them for now because I don't see myself straying from these songs just yet.. I gotta leave something for next week..


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey