Cute things to do in Autumn

As it is now well into September, officially spooky season, officially my cosy, favourite season. It's time for cosy posts again. I was having a conversation with my boyfriend about how excited we are to be getting the cinnamon candles out and fluffy pjs and spooky movies and I started planning out all our cute little 'fall dates' I want us to go on, then I figured, as I love lists so much, and I love autumn blog posts so much, I should write up all my plans and 'bucket list' for autumn.
I know seasonal bucket lists are such a 2012 thing to do but I still love them and I love anything autumn/Christmas related and I will forever write lists till the day I die. So here are some things I'm planning to do this Autumn.



- Go to a corn maze. I don't live to far from Wistow maze and I've wanted to go for years but never got round to it. This year I'm hoping to make sure I go with J as a cute little date.

- Go cinema for a horror movie. The plan was to watch IT: Chapter 2, which we did, we saw it yesterday and I think I'll write up a little post about it just because the film was so good I need to talk about it, and also for accountability so I can physically see myself ticking things off my bucket list.

- Go conker hunting. I do this every year and have done since forever, I'm going to have a competition with J to see who can collet the most. So I'm thinking lots of park dates with a coffees in hand in cute boots and coats and orange leaves everywhere, I can't wait.

- Pumpkin picking. I never thought pumpkin was an English vegetable so I always just assumed pumpkin picking was for Americans only, until a quick google search has shown me three pumpkin picking farms in my local area. If nothing on my list happens, this one has to! As well as the next one...

- Carving pumpkins, obviously more near Halloween. I've worked the past three Halloweens and have had to do my pumpkin carving in a small time frame which made it not as fun as it should be and even if I'm still working this Halloween I'll dedicate a whole day to it to make it more enjoyable.

- All the pumpkin spice lattes. I'm such a white girl and I'm not even mad, I'm drinking one currently while finishing this post off.

- Also all the pumpkin pie. I've never actually had it but pumpkin spice as itself is so good! So on a rainy day when we're stuck inside and miserable, I'm going to attempt baking a gluten free, vegan pumpkin pie.

-Cook all the warm foods. I absolutely adore warm, filling foods like casseroles and stew in the colder months. This year I'm going to make butternut squash soup, I did make it once when I was 16 and loved it, then somehow never ate it again.

- Go to a spookfest. There are so many amusement parks around me that do scare festivals at Halloween and every year I've never made a solid plan to go, until this year hopefully.

- Toast marshmallows, even if we don't have the cute bonfire back garden party to go with them, we can toast them on the cooker hob, then go watch movies in a little den with all the cinnamon candles lit. Mmm.

- Go to a fireworks display. I do this every year and I always love it. Last year I went to two which were amazing and this year I'm praying my boyfriend can get it off work so we can go together. If not, sparklers in the back garden it is.

- Make hot apple cider. This isn't a widely British thing but it is sooo good! I did buy the stuff to make it last year but with my mental health I was in no place to be up in the kitchen doing bits so it got wasted.

- Make spooky baskets. I'll make a whole post on this when I make it so if you don't know what one is you will soon enough. I've told my boyfriend I'm going to make one because I was too excited not to, so he's said he'll make me one too but I can promise it won't be anywhere near as good as mine is going to be. I'm so excited to make it!!

- Got to a whiskey tasting. I don't know why this feels more cosy to do in autumn, but when googling ideas for my list I'd seen a few recommendations for alcohol tastings and my boyfriend's bar is doing one this month for my favourite bourbon so I'm very excited to go.

That's my autumn/spooky ideas for the next few months, I''m really hoping I get to cross everything off this list because it would make for the best autumn ever. I'll also be keeping my Halloween playlist on from now on too. I can't wait to be snuggled in orange jumpers with all the scented candles.


Shan x


Comments

  1. I think it's so cute that you and your boyfriend are excited for autumn together! My boyfriend just goes with the flow, but I think he'll be excited for my scented candles to come out!

    Meaghan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes scented candles are the best! Thank you, he loves this time of year just because it's less sticky haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey