Re-Writing an old post - 99 Questions about me

I was reading through my really old posts the other day and came cross one where I'd written out 99 questions about myself and answered them. Reading it back was so cringey because I think I was 17 and going through my 'relatable teen' era of life. Since reading it I couldn't stop thinking about it and how I should do an updated version whilst also laughing at my previous answers. So at 9pm on a Saturday, whilst I'm waiting for my friend to finish work so we can have a cheeky bev, let's re-answer these embarrassing questions.

My old answers will be highlighted in red.


1. Think of the last person who said 'I love you' do you think they meant it?                                      
    Yeah. This was referring my old best friend back then. Today the answer is still yes, half an hour ago when
    I said goodbye to my boyfriend

2. Would you date an 18 year old the age you are now?                                                                       
    Yes. I'm now 21 and wouldn't look twice at 18 year olds! However my boyfriend is actually a mature 19..

3. When was the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time?                                     
    Literally have  no idea.. I don't remember ever feeling like that.. Still can't say I've ever felt this emotion.

4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?                                                                                                 
    Everyday. Still, everyday. 

5. Is there someone mad because you are dating/texting someone you are?                                         
    Nope. Now, unfortunately yes. The dating world comes with so many jealous girls/ex girlfriends and it's
    infuriating but what can ya do?

6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today?                                                          
    Yes, but in a good way because it reminded me of someone -who is a huge ass, but it was good
    memories. I wish I could remember who this was about! Today I actually have as well, a Charlie Puth song
    came on in a shop which is what me and my ex boyfriend used to listen to all the time. 

7. What exactly are you wearing right now?                                                                                          
    Levi shorts, sports bra, kimono.. it's really hot today. Not so hot today but I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. 
    Classy.

8. How often do you listen to music?                                                                                                  
    Preeetty much 24/7. This still hasn't changed, music is still something I live my entire life around. I think a 
Currently Listening To post is about due...

9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?                                                                                                
   Jeans!!! I've never been a huge sweatpants type of person, definitely still jeans.

10. Do you think your life will change drastically before 2016?                                                          
      Probably not, but I'm gonna remain optimistic and say I hope so... Right before 2016 was my huge
      meltdown on where I was going in life, but in the new year of 2016, that's when it did definitely drastically
      change. I think another big change is also coming soon.

11. Are you social or anti-social?                                                                                                            
      Inside my head I'm really social but in reality I'm as anti-social as they come. This was in regards to my
      shyness which still isn't too far from the truth but I'm always hanging out with friends and meeting new
      people so I'd say now I'm pretty social. Comes with being a Sagittarius.

12. Have you ever been kissed by someone whose name begins with an 'A'?                                       
      *looks down at the ground* maybe a little bit yes..  God this answer is so embarrassing, I have and it's
       not something I want to remember.

13. What about 'R'?                                                                                                                              
      Nope. Still haven't kissed an R, not a lot of popular names begin with R.

14. Can you drive a stick shift?                                                                                                              
      I will soon... SOON! Four years on and I haven't even taken my first lesson!

15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?                                                                                      
     YES!! And I HATE it! Still stand by this, sometimes it rules my life too much but I know at the end of the
     day I have who I need in my life and anyone can say their stuff they need to say about me, I can only be
    who I am and I know not everyone will like me because that's just not how the world works.

16. Are you going out of town soon?                                                                                                       
     2 days baby! This was referencing my 5 Seconds of Summer concert. I probably will be, me and my best
     friend have a habit of just upping and getting the hell out of here for a day.

17. When was the last time you cried?                                                                                                  
     Today, we laughed so hard in college we were all reduced to sobs of tears. Today, I choked on my pizza
     whilst on a date with my boyfriend and was so traumatised/found it hilarious I cried a lil. 

18. Have you ever told someone you love them?                                                                                    
     Who hasn't though? Another embarrassing, relatable teen answer, I always tell my friends and loved ones
     that I love them, I'm quite a soppy loving person.

19. If you could change your eye colour would you?                                                                              
      I'd love to have green eyes. Really, really nice green eyes destroy my soul and I love them. But I don't
      know if I could give up my eyes for them.. I'd get bored and then green eyes wouldn't be my favourite
      anymore. Still live by this answer, I do really like my eyes though, they're my one redeeming feature.

20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for?                                                            
     There used to be.. Now it's just my brother. *Voms in mouth* this is about my high school crush that
     definitely wasn't that deep haha. Still my brother, and I suppose my boyfriend might just make the cut
     too.

21. Name something you dislike about the day you're having?                                                            
     College was stressful, and I'm so tired my back has gone. I've actually had a really nice day today, would
     have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so tired and lethargic though.

22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on the forehead?                                                                          
     Ummm...I don't know, I don't generally like foreheads. Kisses are cute when it's inside your hair like on
     the top of your head, but I don''t see that being a pleasurable experience on the guys behalf.. They're
     cute if it's a relationship blog on Tumblr. In real life, I'm not a big forehead person. Okay, this has
     drastically changed. I love forehead kisses. Give me all the forehead kisses please.

23. Are you dating the last person you talked to?                                                                                   
     ...Um, seeing as the last person I spoke to was my mum... In person, yes. Over the phone, my bestie.

24. What are you sitting on right now?                                                                                                     
     My bed -AKA heaven.. I've never not written a blog post in my bed.

25. Does anyone regularly, aside from family, tell you they love you?                                                  
     Not in a romantic way, but yes in a friendship way. But it's not a daily or even weekly basis thing.. Both
     friendship and romantically. God I am enjoying throwing around the 'I have a boyfriend' card in most of
     these answers.

26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn't have?                                                                         
     YES!! And it tears you to pieces! Especially when they're there every day and they accidentally touch you
     in lesson or ask to borrow your pen or whisper you the correct answer or.. stare at you in lessons... 
     Also when they play in a band and tour the world and don't know who you really are other than another
     twitter follower... That hurts too. Jesus Christ this is embarrassing, first off, high school crush, still wasn't
     that deep. Second, still relatable but wow that's painful to read back.

27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?                                        
     My best friend. Let me just throw that boyfriend card back in here again.

28. Do you get a lot of colds?                                                                                                                      
     GIF still applies.                                            source

29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from?                                                                                         
     I'm not wearing one.. my kimono is from Boohoo. A solid Primark purchase today.

30. Does anyone hate you?                                                                                                                      
     Can I re-use that GIF? Haha, I'm actually not sure.. I've had a lot of arguments with a lot of people, but I
     don't know if anyone actually -actually yes!! My dad's girlfriend does! I sorted stuff out with my dad's
     girlfriend actually, I don't think anyone hates me now I'm a relatively chill person and I like to my make
     sure I right any wrongs I have with people.

31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room?                                     
      I would if I had a death wish!? I'm underage, have no reason to drink in my room, and my mum would
     skin me alive with her bare hands if she saw it. Such innocence, I have an old wine bottle waiting to be
     thrown out and a half drunk bottle of rum but I'm not really one for having alcohol around, I drink out
     more than I do in.

32. Do you like watching scary movies?                                                                                                 
     I like to think I do.. but I actually. They scare the living sh*t outta me. I'm scarred for life after watching
     paranormal activity 3 however many years ago. My answer is still pretty much the same. I do watch the
     odd one, but I'm more into thrillers than horror because horror can be so tacky.

33. Do you want your tongue pierced?                                                                                                    
     I have done for years, but on some people it looks really trashy, and others it looks really good. I'd end up
     looking really trashy, and it puts me off because I go through stages of liking it and not liking it. Also I'd
     never have the balls to do it. Still feel the exact same way, I have a lot of piercings but tongue isn't one
     think I'd do.

34. If you had to delete a year of your life completely what year would it be?                                        
     This is really hard because I believe every situation leads to another situation which leads to another etc
     etc.. So if I erased a year I hated, it meant I never went through that, which means I never learnt my
     lesson, I never met the people I met when I came out of that situation, and ended up not being friends
     with the people I'm friends with today... So probably one of my baby years where my life and decisions
     were out of my control. This!!! Still so true, I'm such a big believer in being where I am today because of
     the journey I've been on. I wouldn't actually change any of it.

35. Did you have a dream last night?                                                                                                       
     YES AND IT WAS AMAZING! I dreamt of my wedding day (weird), and as I walked down the isle they
     changed the song to 'river flows in you' which is one of the best things ever created in the music world.
     It's so beautiful and it means a lot to me. So when my 'to-be husband' played this song for me it was the
     best thing ever. And we wrote our own vows and mine were so, so amazing that I was crying and it was
     a really beautiful day. But I can lucid dream so I had control of what was happening and it felt so real.
     Which is why dreams really hit me, I feel them like it happened in real life. This is so cute I actually
     remember this dream. Last night I dreamt my boyfriend went hospital to get his butt hair lasered off. Bit of
     a difference there.

36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?                                                              
     A few weeks ago I think. Earlier today.            

37. Do you think you'll be married in the next 5 years?                                                                         
     I will be 22 then, so probably not oh my God haha.. Can't see me being married next year. But within the
     next 5 years possibly... that's a scary thought.

38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?                                                                                     
     There are no males that have any involvement in my life so most definitely not. My hatred of males was so
     funny dear lord. I'm kinda hoping at least one person does right now.

39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?                                                                  
     I doubt it.. I reckon my bestie is waiting to get off work for us to have drinks.

40. Did you have a good day yesterday?                                                                                                 
     Well, my teacher outed me in front of the whole class when I was the only person willing to help her out..
     others got angry and stormed off, and when I helped out (tired and ill may I point out) apparently I wasn't
     good enough, and got shouted at rather ridiculously.. the people who left the class didn't even get
     mentioned soo.. BUT it was a good day I guess. My college rants back in the day really were something
     else. Yesterday I was with my boyfriend and his family up in Sheffield having a shopping trip. Bought my
     first ever Victoria Secret 5 for £25 pants. Buzzing.

41. Think back two months ago, were you in a relationship?                                                               
     Hahaha hahaha ahaha ahaha ah aha ha no. Still dying at my hatred in men. Yes I was actually *smug
     smile*

42. In the next 48 hours will you hang out with a girl?                                                                             
     Hell yeah! Tomorrow is when my official ROWYSO experience starts! In two hours I'll be in a bar drinking
     and chatting girly shit about our day to my friend.

43. Has anyone ever told you they don't want to lose you?                                                                 
     Actually yeah.. And they mean it. This was my best friend and we did end up losing each other which is
     sad after reading that back.

44. What's the best part about school?                                                                                                     
     You get to leave after you do your exams. Could not change a single thing about that statement.

45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?                                                                                     
     I have loooads of pictures on my Facebook. But I was never one of them girls who had a folder of photos
     titled 'me :)' and fill it with 300 selfies. (there are people who did that. 300.) But I haven't been on
     Facebook since 2013 or something.. my profile picture is of me with braces on, as is my wall photo (if it's
     even called a wall photo anymore) Cover photo I believe it is called now, the photos on my Facebook now are
     ugly ones of my friends exposing me on my birthday posts haha.

45. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?                                                                            
     No! I never did this and I always wanted to! I passed notes on to other people and I felt like I'd served a
     great duty to the public each time, but I never did any myself. I mean, nothings really changed here, I
     haven't been back school since this post was originally written.

47. Do you ever replay things that have happened in your head?                                                          
      It haunts me every night. Cheers to that.

48. Were you single over last summer?                                                                                                 
     These questions are really starting to depress me haha, yes I was. Because last summer Will Smith, Ryan
     Gosling, Zac Efron, and hundreds of other Gods were the only boyfriends I needed. I actually started
     somewhat seeing my ex again last summer but that didn't go down well. Drama time: I bumped into him
     on a night out with my friends, then bumped into his ex who apparently wasn't his ex but his current
     girlfriend. I was blocked by him the next day. We do love a faithful man. 

49. Is your life anything like it was 2 years ago?                                                                                      
     No and thank the lord! I've finally found myself real friends and real family and without realising I've never
     been happier in myself. No again, 2 years ago I was working my arse off every weekend and loving it and
     nursing was a distant but niggling thought at the back of my head. Now I'm so free and I go out and do
     so much more than I used to.

50. What are you supposed to be doing right now?                                                                          
     Sleeping. Still sleeping, I said I'd have a quick nap before going out later because I've so tired today but 
     here am.

51. Are you nice to everyone?                                                                                                                
      I try to be, and I'm always too nice and that's my problem in life. I forgive too easily because I give in to
     people and I physically can't be horrible to someone I don't like if they're being nice to me. However, I'm
     not going to lie, I have quite a short temper. I'm reasonable and I'm not horrible! But I'm very defensive
     over family, friends and myself -and if I have the courage to, I know how to stand up for myself (and
     others when they need me). You know what I still stick by this, I am such a gentle and nice person and
     will try to resolve everything by letting things be, but I do have a fiery temper which very rarely comes out
     and I wouldn't say I use it maliciously.

52. Have you ever liked someone you didn't expect to?                                                                         
     Yes, I've never liked 'popular' boys or 'nice' boys. But I fell -hard! For a really popular boy who was loved
     by everyone (kind of your typical American jock kinda guy) and he was the nicest person I've met so far.
     Normally 'popular' boys are d*cks (sorry) I don't mean to swear but that is the only way to describe the
     typical boys I've grown to know. But he was nice! He was clever, and sporty, and lovely to look at, he
     was one of those who just had everything and he was perfect in every single way possible. And since the
     day we met I just.. you just aren't left with much of a choice, your feelings jump right in there.. Head first.
     Right now, my boyfriend. He's 2 years younger than me and I definitely go for older guys, it was one of
     those things that just happened and his childlike humour has made me let loose and become more fun
     again.

53. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?                                          
     Um. Yes!? I could never cheat on anyone, it's so wrong. This question annoys me just as much now as it
     did then. Not cheating has become a personality trait and it shouldn't be, just be a decent person.

54. Are you good at hiding your feelings?                                                                                                
     I'm good at hiding them from myself, I can have a build up of emotions and explode one day and be sad
     about things I didn't even know had bothered me. But when I hear something that upsets me then I let it
     out. I'm not someone who hides my feelings from people because I'd rather get it out and get over it than
     keep it to myself because it just makes things 10x worse. Still true. My emotions are literally written all
     over my face.

55. Do you think you like someone?                                                                                                         
     Other than Michael Clifford? Michael Clifford for the win.

56. Have you ever kissed someone whose name starts with a'J'?                                                             
     It was the most awkward situation of my life.. J was my first ever proper kiss. And another J was my first
     primary school peck on the cheek too. Both were hideous and awkward. My boyfriend now is also a J
     and that first kiss was awful too. 

57. Do you prefer to have friends who are girls or boys?                                                                        
      I've never kept a boy friendship without ending up with real feelings for them.. I'm one of those girls who
     can't do it. Not to say it couldn't happen in the future.. and I do prefer guys to girls any day. I have quite a
     few guy friends now and hanging out my boyfriend's friends is starting to turn me into 'one of the lads'
     but it's such a chill group. Girls come with so much drama but I love my gossips and coffee dates and
     shopping too much.

58. Has anyone of your friends seen you cry?                                                                                           
     I used to cry a looot in high school because I hated the place so much and I'd always run to my friends
     to cry because they were my confidence. Out of my current friends only one has the night I bumped into
     my exes girlfriend, I'm not much of a cryer anymore.

59. Do you hate anyone?                                                                                                                         
     This is hard, I hate to hate people because all it does it create negativity in your life and everyone has
     enough stress and negativity without the added effort of having to hate someone. They are not affected
     by your feelings in the slightest. And you always hate yourself when you laugh at one of their jokes by
     accident or automatically smile at them in the corridor before realising who they are. And then there's the
     twitter and instagram stalking. Hating someone takes a lot of effort.. do I hate anyone? I think so yes.
     This is so true, but no I don't anyone now.

60. How's your heart?                                                                                                                               
      No one has ever come close to it.. so I'd say undisturbed and barricaded. It's been pretty battered by this point.
     But right now it's good.

61. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about?                                        
     Yes, I have some pretty complicated family issues and telling the story brings up a lot of anger, and with
     nothing really making sense it's hard to tell the story and no one really understands.. because no one on
     the inside understands enough to tell the story in a way that makes any sense. So the family issues have
     also been sorted now and I still haven't found a way to explain to people what on earth was going on.

62. Have you ever cried over a guy?                                                                                                         
     Oh God yes. And it's because they were treating me like sh*t and I was too smitten to notice, I thought
     at the time I was crying because I was 'in love' when really I'd just had enough. I'm 21 and I can say only
     three guys have ever made me cry so I've not done bad.

63. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?                                                            
     A lot of people could be, but only if I, by strange coincidence, came up in conversation. I have nothing to
     do with people like that anymore so if anyone was, they'd be holding onto some grudge! Same again, I
     doubt anyone is.

64. Are your toenails painted pink?                                                                                                          
     This made me laugh.. no they're not. They're currently a fabulous very chipped red colour.

65. Will your next kiss be a mistake?                                                                                                         
     I have this new motto in life where I'm only going for guys I really want, but let's be honest everything is a
     mistake in my life so it probably will be. My next kiss after this post was a random guy in a club ha. 

66. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct?                                                                                            
     Oh my God, YES!! I'm obsessed with the film seven pounds at the scene where Will Smith starts crying
     because they're about to kiss and he isn't going to stop himself because he likes her, even though he
     can't like her. Since then my life goal is to have a 'crying kiss' because it just looks so beautiful. So I had
     that crying kiss. Due to the circumstances it was so so painful and my chest was aching and we were
     both actually crying so it was a bucket list thing I definitely regret wishing for haha.

67. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?                                                                            
      Surprisingly no, but I did walk round high school with my skirt tucked into my pants.. and someone
      pulled my skirt down at McDonalds once (as a joke) This still hasn't happened and I'm not complaining
      just slightly surprised due to my awfully clumsy nature.

68. Who was the last person you were on the phone with?                                                                       
     My mum. Oh I do miss my mum. I was on the phone to my best friend earlier.

69. How do you look right now?                                                                                                                  
    A mess. Still a mess, but I'll be doing my makeup and hair soon soooo!

70. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around?                                                             
     My mum. She knows eeeverything! And I'm getting there with my best friend. Today, my mum, my sister,
     my best friend and my boyfriend.

71. Can you commit to one person?                                                                                                          
     Yes yes yes yes. Obviously still yes.

72. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you tell everything to?                                                       
     No. Okay so that post on 'fear is strange' about that guy who I had to turn down, is my best guy friend
     and he's so good at giving advice and understanding me. I always confide in him! He also has a girlfriend
     now who is one of my best friends too.

73. Have you ever felt replaced?                                                                                                                
     Too many times by too many people. I have been but it's not something that bothers me anymore.

74. Did you wake up cranky?                                                                                                                    
     No haha. Still no.

75. Are you a jealous person?                                                                                                                    
     Yes but I don't want to be and I hate it. I think I'm the most jealous person I know, my boyfriend works in
     a bar and I quite often sit in while he works and so many girls flirt with bartenders and obviously it means
     nothing but I sit there every time with the biggest :) expression on my face every time. I can laugh about it
     though which I think is important because I know when I'm being silly.

76. Are relationships ever worth it?                                                                                                      
     Always! Even if they don't work out they are always learning curves and new opportunities explored. True.
     Even my ex gave me a learning experience and things I've changed since being with J.

77. Anyone your giving up on?                                                                                                                
     Band members. Band members honestly. I actually never give up on people I push them to fight through
     things and even if they give up on me I'm always there when they need me to be.

78. Name something you have to do tomorrow?                                                                               
     Packing. Clean and go gym, will probably not achieve either.

79. Is there someone you'll never forget?                                                                                                      
     I have a very good memory of people and faces so everyone I've ever met really.. But no one in particular.
     My best friend has taught me so much, given me so many memories and inspired me to do so much, even
     if one day our friendship ends, I'll always remember the greatest summer we had and all the adventures
    we went on.

80. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective over you?                                              
      I don't have feelings for anyone. Well that was a bit blunt. He is very protective of me and has gotten me
     out of many sticky situations.

81. If the person you wish to be with were with you right now what would you be doing?                
     Sleeping. Sat around chatting and watching TV, it's too late to be doing anything extravagant.

82. Are you over your past?                                                                                                                      
     Not yet. Working on it right now!

83. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?                                                      
     Ugh yes. Yes yes yes, I'm a liability!

84. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?                                                                                   
     My mum. Still my mum, always.

85. If your first true love came to your door with an apology and presents would you accept?                
     Yeah, because nothing happened between us. This was referencing my high school crush. If my actual
     first love did I wouldn't accept it at all because the past needs to stay in the past.

86. The last person you kissed just happens to be at your door at 3am, do you let them in?                       
     I ain't waking up for no one at 3am. I'd probably sit in bed pooing myself until they went away. I can not
     deal with that answer! My boyfriend finishes around 3am and will probably be calling me then to let him
     in.

87. Have you ever liked someone your friends hated?                                                                            
     Yeah, but I didn't know until it was over. My best friend was actually telling me for ages that my ex was
     walking all over me over summer, they're always right.

88. Will you be in a relationship in two months?                                                                                     
     Yeah.. probably not. I hope so...

89. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael?                                                                                  
     THIS IS MY FAVORITE SO FAR! Yes and I'm seeing him live Saturday! No, I don't actually know a 
     Michael.
 
90. Have you ever kissed a Matthew?                                                                                                             
     No. The first guy that ever asked for my number was a Matthew, we spoke for a few months but never
     met again and there was no kiss.

91. Were you in a relationship in January & how was it going?                                                                   
     No. I was now and it was going good.

92. Were you happy with the person you liked in March?                                                                              
     I didn't like anyone. Last March I started seeing my ex again so I was happy at the time.

93. Is the last person you texted attractive?                                                                                                  
     The last person I texted was my mum asking if she'd pick me up from my friends.. I don't feel I can
     answer this one.. My best friend was the last person I texted and she is simply beautiful!

94. Who do you have texts from?                                                                                                                
     Most my friends speak to me via social media but I get text's from my mum, my friend Sam, my mobile
     network, and Domino's pizza. Can't say things have changed much, my mum, dominoes and one
     popping group chat. There rest all over social media.

95. If the person you like said they liked someone else what would you do?                                             
     Play it cool, and be secretly heartbroken. Right now I'd be ever so slightly fuming.

96. Have you ever kissed someone older than you?                                                                                   
      No, which is weird because I prefer older people. I definitely have now.

97. Who's in your profile picture with you?
                                                                                                  
     Always my best friend. 100% still applies.

98. Ever kissed under a firework?                                                                                                                 
     Never even thought of it.. definitely a new addition to the bucket list. I would have now if a certain someone
     wasn't working on bonfire night.

99. Has anybody ever given you butterflies?                                                                                                
     Yeah, I'm a sucker for butterflies. I used to get them so bad I'd be jiggly and shaky and up to the point
     felt chronically sick. I'm still like this to this day, I get butterflies so bad!


That was a monster of a post, I applaud anyone who actually makes it to the end but it was actually really cool to see how my life has actually changed in the last four years re-answering these. They really are a bunch of cheesy, nonsense questions but they definitely let out some bits about me that possibly would never have been talked about otherwise, it was one way to pass three hours anyway.


Shan x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey