A day trip to the eden project

So we knew, having a holiday in the UK, that the weather wouldn't be great the whole time. We had spoken generally about places we'd like to go on a rainy day in the days leading up to us going away. And the one place that was constantly brought up was the eden project.
I'd never heard of the eden project before and was told it was a place with "big bubbles with different climates in" and when that rainy day came around, we decided on the eden project. I was mostly thinking it'll be a great place to take photos for my blog, and I mean it was, but I was shocked at the scale of the place, it's so huge and so visually stunning. It is essentially two dome like bubbles that have either a rainforest or Mediterranean climate, where you can walk around and experience new plant life, creatures and humidity. Wow the humidity.
The place was built in an old quarry that had since fulfilled its purpose, the domes were built then pathways of flowers and wildlife were built around them. I cannot physically put into words the sheer scale or beauty of the place.

Aside from its beauty, the eden project was built to educate, to show visitors how precious the Earth is, and how much we are damaging it. They do this in a fun, interactive and visually appealing way, to educate people on the things we can do to help the planet. Which is something not enough people are talking about right now.
This place should be part of the school curriculum.
Using indoor walkways and rooms we were taken on a journey of animals that have been extinct, are endangered, and ones who have made their back from extinction.
We also learnt about the impact of plastic in our oceans, the impact we can make by planting trees, and actually paying attention to what we do to our planet.

I'll attach a link to their website which can direct you to changes you can make yourself in order to help the environment. https://www.edenproject.com

Aside from that, here are the absolutely amazing photos taken at the eden project:





This is a skeleton of a mammoth





























That draws my little burst of holiday posts to a close, I'm planning to spend a lot more time on my blog from now on, I'm at a point in my life where I need something new to focus on and spend my time on and blogging the last few days and planning out posts has made me feel really good about myself so I'm going to get stuck in on this for a bit again.

Until next time,


Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey