A warm, cosy bonfire night

Bonfire night is one of my favourite nights of the year, this end of the year is my favourite because there's always something going on, Halloween had just finished and bonfire night was just around the corner. I realise I'm a little late posting this, but absolutely had to when I was looking back through my photos. Abbey park fireworks is all the rage in Leicester, it's "the place" to go. But the last few years it seems to have lost it's magic. We started to go to the one in Whetstone at the Vipers ground and it is the best firework show I've ever seen. They go so overboard with the fireworks despite it being quite a small, intimate place, there's a small fair, an even smaller BBQ (but the queue is relatively fast) and plenty of beer (whilst being predominantly child friendly). I absolutely love it there, the bonfire is so huge and the heat that comes off of it is almost unbearable but I love being warm, wrapped up in coat and bobble hat, drink in hand, heat off of the bonfire on one side of me and the most beautiful fireworks on the other.
I was in awe, I was so unbelievably happy this bonfire night, I was so cosy and surrounded by my family. Plus I bumped into a friend which made my night as well.

Once the fireworks finished we decided to stay around afterwords, which we don't normally do. We wandered around the fair, bought some sweeties and watched the bonfire reduce to ashes.
Then we made our walk home for some hot chocolate and an early night because we were all shattered.
It was a perfect, wholesome day.











 Funny story: I chipped my two front teeth earlier on in the year. It will cost me £1000 to get them fixed, so I had a temporary filling fitted, but I had to be careful what I ate because they would snap off. They snapped off in Ibiza whilst eating chicken wings of all things... So I thought "oh, I can eat a candy apple now because I haven't got to watch out for my fillings! What's the worst that could happen!?"
Another part of my tooth fell off.
It looks worse than ever, and it's my front teeth.
I'm putting out a vlog as well so it will probably be noticeable in that.

P.s. Speaking of vlogs, I put one out on Halloween! Link is "here" it's a little awkward because it's my first time talking to a camera, but vlogging is something I've been debating doing for years, I've always been too shy and too scared to just go for it, but with the curveballs that have been thrown at me this year I've started saying "fuck it. This is something I want to do and nothing is going to hold me back anymore" So give it a watch, and keep an eye out for my bonfire night one which involves making pumpkin soup and talking about my new career opportunity!


Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey