Halloween 2019

I'm sorry I haven't been around. I am truly going through it right now. I've been healing, planning, scheming and even doing the odd bit of actually living. I know. Wow.
I'm planning on doing a huge project in the new year where I'll really go into detail on why I fell down the rabbit hole of depression again and really working hard to raise awareness, and create a whole journey of how I'm rebuilding my life from scratch. The next two months are going to be spent planning that journey out so I can put the best content and real version of myself out there. I'm really excited. And you should be too.

But onto the actual post. All my Halloween plans had fell through this year but I had this sudden spurt of inspiration on Halloween eve (that is a thing), I got myself dolled up (spooky version) and headed into town for possibly the last pumpkin spiced latte of the season, wandered around a few shops at all the Halloween sections, bought some new decorations for the house and called my sister to tell her I'd planned out a whole day for us.
On actual Halloween I woke up early to put out all our decorations up then glowed up (super spooky version) while my sister was at a business festival doing speeches (!!!). I met up with her in town with the plan of buying the last few ingredients to make pumpkin soup, but we ran out of time and ended up getting back to mine with half hour to get ready for going trick or treating with my little brother.
From there my mum dropped us at her place where we drank a 1.5 litre bottle of wine and got dressed up for a Halloween night out. I desperately needed to let my hair down and have a real good time. We booked onto a guest list for a club, only to get refused because my sister's ID is two years out of date. From there we came to the depressing realisation everywhere was either booked or not open because it was a Thursday.
After a mini meltdown we stumbled upon a bar doing a Halloween night, with free entry, and playing banging songs.
Once that closed we ventured to one of our favourite bars for a few drinks to realise they had a Halloween disco until 4am which was even more perfect.

It was a night out that started in disaster but stumbled into a completely unexpected, amazing night. I'm so happy everywhere else turned us away. Here are some photos...




I was so focussed on vlogging the day that I didn't take many photos but here's a few of us having the absolute best time. I ordered this "pennywise" costume which turned out to be gold and not white but it still worked out I think. 


Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey