Currently Listening To...

So I haven't done one of these posts in forever. I used to love my Monday mornings, sat down with a cuppa and chatting about the music I'd been listening to the past week. A whole lot has changed in my life since then that it almost feels weird to look back at it now, I've been a whole three other personalities since the old Currently Listening To's.

Music has always been a huge part of my life and the songs I listen to always have some deep meaning to me, which is where these posts started. I was so terrified to let people see the dark corners of my mind by talking about my favourite songs, but I love picking songs to pieces and talking about how and why they impact me, so alas, Currently Listening To was born. They're some of my most read posts and favourite to write about so that's why I've decided to reboot them up again!

My music taste is going through an odd sort of stage right now, I've been listening to a lot of songs about being independent and motivational, but then I've also been building up a new playlist called "in my feels" as opposed to my other one current one which is "bounce back lyf". Those two playlists at the minute seem to be the perfect reflection of the only two moods I have currently.

A few of my favourites are:

Show yourself - Idina Menzel (Frozen II) 
Disney songs are a massive guilty pleasure and this scene in the film gave me all the goosebumps! It's been what two months now since the film came out? And I'm still listening to this song.

Holes in the sky - M83, HAIM (Insurgent)
The Divergent series were put on Netflix again a few weeks ago and I absolutely love them. I loved this song playing in the background at the end of Insurgent so I looked it up and haven't stopped listening to it! It's a weird song outside of my usual taste but it's so good I can't get enough of it!

Leave a light on - Tom Walker (acoustic)
The original version of this song is great, and the song's story is great. But can we throw it back to my old Currently Listening To's where I would obsess over "raspy" parts in songs? I'm still head over heels for those kinds of voices and there's a lot of that in this song. This version is just amazing the vocals are insane!!!

Believer - Lea Michele
This song was suggested to me on Spotify and it hit me at the absolute perfect time. It's a real girly, emotional, pour your heart out into a hairbrush kinda song. It's about going through a tough time and keeping on going, it gets me so pumped and motivated and I just absolutely love it.

Blasphemy - Tyler Joseph
Every so often I find myself in a place where I'm listening to twenty one pilots' old, original songs. Anyone who really knows the band knows how emotional and twisted their first songs were. I think TOP will forever be a band I return to when I'm going through things because that's what they're so good at. The bridge in this song gives me shivers every time, the fact that someone can physically put into a song an emotion we've all felt, is mad. It's impossible to listen to them and not feel what the songs are feeling.


Aaaaand that's some of what I've been listening to recently! I might make these fortnightly instead of weekly now because there's other content I want to get out and with me working full time as well now I can't be posting as often enough for there to be a decent break between music posts!


Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey