Self care Sunday: Florence by mills review

I do love a good self care Sunday. There's something about having a little reset day before taking on Monday and setting goals for the new week. 
I also love a me-time day. I don't get much of it at the moment because whenever I'm not working I'm trying to fill my days up with plans with friends, running errands, writing or going to the gym. A lot of things are slipping through my fingers and not getting done and the weeks are whizzing by, so it's nice just to dedicate Sunday to slowing time down a bit and taking care of me. Despite me actually working on Sundays.
So I got home from work, changed into my dressing gown like the grandma I am, made a cuppa and started filling the bath. I recently bought a face mask from the Millie Bobby Brown collection, Florence and really loved it. I knew I needed to talk about it on my blog because I'm such a huge fan of Stranger Things and MBB, I had high hopes for her brand and was surprised by the genuine quality of it and aim of the brand being a clean, fresh, vegan and cruelty free brand. I was kind of expecting something a bit tacky and young - a bit like Zoella's beauty range (which I still love, but is low in quality) but I think MBB has done really well and I'll definitely be buying more from the range. The packaging is so pretty as well.

But anyway, here's how to have the best self care Sunday!

 - Plan your week. I love setting up my weekly spread in my bullet journal. It's still a process I'm getting used to but I'm definitely planning a blog post on how I use my bullet journal at some point! As a creative person, there's nothing better than shoving my earphones in, blasting some old music and doodling my new week out. It makes me a lot more productive and is a nice chill activity to do on a Sunday.

 - Have a bath. Once a week I have to have that proper routine of intense shaving, exfoliating, moisturising, masking, and turning into a whole ass raisin in the bath. I physically cannot have a bath in less than an hour, it takes me about two hours, and then the water gets cold and I have to wash my hair real quick and get out with teeth chattering. Don't do that.

I like to read in the bath, and throughout most of my self care days, because reading is the best chill time. Right now I'm reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and I'm loving it. The writing is so good.

 - Do a face mask. So this glowy peel off mask by MBB is great. The colour and texture is amazing. It's perhaps a little "gloopy" so you have to manoeuvre it in a way it doesn't string and dribble everywhere. 
It is the first mask I have ever used that didn't burn, I have really sensitive skin and everything burns me but this mask had a really intense cooling sensation which was really cool. It also doesn't need a lot of product to cover the face, I find a lot of peel off masks need a really thick layer but this one spread really well and dried well without needing to be an inch thick. 
After taking it off I noticed instantly my skin tone was a lot more even and despite having a bit of a breakout at the minute it seemed to make my spots look less angry which was nice because they are very "hello look at me" kind of spots, which is fun.

Oh, I also like to have a glass of wine in the bath which almost always ends up with me rapping to Written in the Stars, Airplanes, and Love the way you lie. Or emotionally singing Alicia Keys' No one. It also resulted in me taking photographs of me in face and hair masks.





 - Throw on a hair mask. I mean, technically this isn't a hair mask, but this Palmer's Coconut Oil Moisture Gro is my holy grail hair product. It's aimed more for curly and dry hair, not for finer hair types. It's so good. I use a tiny amount and its a big tub so it's lasting me ages, I have really dry ends because I never cut my hair and it makes it seem less brittle and fragile, I also naturally have quite curly hair, as seen by my wet hair in said photographs and it makes my curls a lot more defined and shiny rather than a frizzy mess.
Also the smell is amazing. 


So then I go to bed and continue to read, with a peppermint and liquorice tea which is my favourite at the minute! I don't like liquorice so didn't think I'd like this tea at all,  but it's a really sweet tea with the peppermint and the two flavours are really distinguished, it's so weird but I love it and have one every night before bed. The liquorice helps with your gut health, respiratory health and reduces stress, and the peppermint is my holy grail tea for my tummy, because I am bloated 90% of the time, it also boosts your energy, helps with period cramps and tension headaches. Whilst tasting amazing.

So thats my routine done, but alongside that, I also have the absolute best playlist on whilst I have these evenings. Full of all the guilty pleasures. Here's the absolute best music you should listen to whilst having a self care night:

Left Outside Alone - Anastacia

All The Things She Said - t.A.T.u

Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations

Be My Baby - The Ronettes

Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves

Man! I Fell Like A Woman - Shania Twain 

Hound Dog - Elvis Presley

Do The Locomotion - Plommons

Plus many, many more. But I will quite literally be here all day talking about my guilty pleasure list, so I will leave it here.



Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey