mac prep+prime highlighter review

It's March! which means spring should be here by now. But as usual England is continuing to give us rain, wind and lovely cold weather, although the sun is beginning to make little appearances every now and then which is the relief everyone needs after the long, gloomy winter. we've had.

So as spring nears, as does the trend to get your skin looking radiant and glowy, and perfect for those sunny selfies. The mac prep and prime highlighter stick is my holy grail product which I wear most days for my 'full coverage' make-up face. It is a liquid highlighter in a 3.6ml tube and sold at £18.00. It is dispensed by twisting the bottom of the tube which clicks a few times, into a brush applicator at the end of the stick. I then apply the liquid to my face in areas I want highlighted -which can be anywhere. I generally go for under my eyes, and along the centre of my nose up to the middle of my brows where it fans out into a tree-like shape. But it can be applied on the cheeks, chin, under the eyebrows, on top the eyebrows, forehead... wherever you want to glow a little more. 
  I own the highlighter in the shade 'light boost' which is a yellowy tone (perfect for concealing under eye circles too), but it can also be purchased in 'radiant rose' which a pale, pastel pink colour (hopefully my next buy), 'bright forecast' which is a more orangey/peach colour, or 'peach lustre' which accommodates the darker skin tone. 
  The reason I love this so much is because it's so easy to use, it can go under or over makeup, and it creates a real natural looking glow. The product lasts all day, and is often the only product left on my face at the end of a day, it also looks so good on photos as it gives a photoshop/airbrushed effect (which is a huge bonus). I've owned this highlighter for quite a while now and is still lasting me quite well even though there's only 3.6ml inside. 
To apply the highlighter I brush it on with the applicator brush and use my flat foundation brush to pat-blend it in, but a stippling makeup brush would work just fine, or a beauty blender, or anything else really. 
 This is how the product looks on the skin, on the left is it blended, and on the right is is just swatched. 
This is what I use to blend in the highlighter, Victoria Jackson's flat foundation brush.



Thanks for reading, I'll see you soon!



Shann xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Cute things to do in Autumn

Currently Listening To...