19th Birthday Extravaganza In Winter Wonderland

I turned 19 on the fifth, I made so many plans for the day, which all got ruined because I had to go out to work until 10pm. Which was okay because I knew I still had the weekend.. and my god it was let down after let down and cancellations and re-plans, and putting my foot down with work, and everything else you can imagine.
At least I didn't fall down the stairs this year.

I did have a good birthday though, I got cards and presents from people at work, one of my clients sang to me as I walked through the door, and I spent two hours up town with my sister which was really nice, not long enough because I had to work, but it was nice.

So after an immense week of planning, I finally got me and my family on a train to Nottingham to the Christmas fayre. I've been trying to go to a christmas market for so long, and I've been missing trains and new places, and Nottingham since I came home from Bastille. So I was very excited. Just as I am for christmas itself, I'm a literal elf, which I could have mentioned in my last post but who knows anymore.

So, we got to Nottingham, headed straight for starbucks -of course, and drew up a plan of action, after defrosting over toffee nut hot chocolates (seriously recommend) we headed over to the market, which was the most beautiful and magical place I have ever stumbled across! The whole place screamed of magic, the smell was incredible you couldn't turn anywhere without seeing food stalls selling pork cobs, German sausages, candy apples, churros (which taste pretty damn amazing with cinnamon on), and chocolate fountains being poured over everything imaginable. There were cute little trinket stalls, but I didn't pick anything up which I'm really mad at myself for. There was a huge ice rink, lights everywhere, people everywhere, music being played everywhere, a carousel, a heavenly heated outdoor bar selling mulled wine, and hot toffee cider... chestnuts were being roasted.
I can't put into words just how beautiful the place was. I loved every minute of it.
Here are a few photos I took...





Obviously we live in England and it rained all over my freshly washed, freshly straightened, once presentable hair. Spent the day as a fluffy frizz ball.





Our heated bar, drinking up some mulled wine and melting my lipstick
I can't remember that name of this dish, it's German and consists of sauted potatoes with pieces of sausage and bacon, served with garlic mushrooms, which tasted ah-mazing! I was distraught at not being able to finish it, it filled me up so well.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Cute things to do in Autumn

Currently Listening To...