It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It's official. It's happening. It has started. It's December the 1st. Four days until I'm 19 -but more importantly 24 days until Christmas day. I've been waiting for this since August.
I have a few plans for Christmassy posts over this month but I don't know how successful I'll be because of my life consuming work which I can't seem to balance out with normal life.

The past few days have been shockingly cold, walking the streets at 6:30am in pitch black, -4 degrees, has been... brill. 
But it has given us some pretty amazing sunrises and frosty ground. I've always loved being in a car with christmas songs, heaters on so high you can barely breathe, driving along and watching people de-ice their car, and the daredevils who are throwing boiling water over their windows with their fingers crossed. 

I wanted to sit down and show you a few Christmas things I've been enjoying, and a little tour of my bedroom which has been Christmas-afied, to an extent. I'm sure I'll be adding more to it as the Christmas month goes by.  



The view outside my house that I came back to on my break...

So in this little corner of my bedroom, I have a little potted Christmas tree with lights and pinecones and cranberries, which I saw in Tesco for £8 and couldn't not.
Next to that I have my lil Yankee Christmas station which consists of: Christmas Eve, Mandarin Cranberry, and Vanilla Cupcake. Mandarin Cranberry is by far my favourite, it smells absolutely beaUTIFUL and fills the entire house with its' scent. I was going to buy a gingerbread/Christmas cookie scented candle, but they all smelt too similar to my Vanilla Cupcake one so I decided to pretend that it's actually a Christmas cupcake.
Under that I've lined my bookshelves with a snowflake... dangly thing. This was from Palmers garden centre for £1.50.

This is one of my favourites bits of my room, I'll definitely add to this and make a little wonderland here, the tree and reindeer are from John Lewis, I can't remember how much they were, though I'm pretty sure the reindeer was £4.50. The scented jelly candle is from Next Home and I can't remember the price of that either but it's so beautiful I'm too scared to light it.
Also I put a bit of old silver tinsel around my CD rack.

I put the rest of that tacky but classic tinsel around polaroid wall, and that stocking was either a gift or came in a gift set for Christmas.

I've had this little 3ft Christmas tree for years when I begged my mum to let me decorate my room with more than just the leftover tinsel and we covered it in pink and purple baubles as every little girl dreams of. This year I dug it out and covered it in jingle bells from Palmers Garden Centre, baubles, and ice skates from the same place, I remember the ice skates being £1.50, and I wrapped the tree in some more of that snowflake dangly at £1.50.

This beautiful and very cosy, snuggly, Christmas bedding is from Next Home, I don't remember the individual prices but the whole thing came to just under £50. The throw is £20 (I think) from Next Home also. Which my cats love so much they pulled all the threads out with their lovely little claws.

My headboard bunting is from John Lewis at £10 and I laaave it!

So my current favourite little bits and bobs are of course, this amazing Gruffalo Advent Calendar, of which my first chocolate was the lovely little but fierce mouse, my Christmas jumper, which I wear all the time from Primark. My little, gorgeous elf booty slippers also from Primark -which are covered in bells that never really stop jingling, homemade(ish) Gingerbread-freakin-lattes!!!, Zoella's gingerbread Christmas fragrance beauty line (!!!!) it's beautiful, I spray myself with the spritz every ten minutes, and when do my hands not smell of this amazing cream? I also can not get enough of baths at the minute, and the LUSH Christmas range is perfect! I'm so in love with all the smells, especially peeping santa my god he's a gorgeous smelling little fellow. 

So these are little Christmas things that are making me very happy at the minute, these and Vlogmas which starts today/tomorrow which I can't wait for. Hopefully I'll be back soon with more Christmas festivities, but I daren't promise anything...


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey