Christmas Lights 2016

So, third year running, this post has got to go up once again. Every year I post the same photos of the same lights that go up in my home town. I'm not bored of it, I love going to see the lights every year, I mean they're not the best things in the world, my city isn't the best city in the world, some little kid literally had an argument with us because he was destroying one of the displays and my mum muttered "no respect" and he was like "no respect?" and broke more of it whilst staring at us. I wanted to dangle him by his ankles. Kids in my hometown are fantastic. And the parents are even more so.
But the lights are pretty, and the nativity scene is cute, and the ferris wheel is way too overpriced and my mum is way too scared of heights. But the gingerbread lattes are good and the John Lewis christmas section is beautiful. 
I had a good day up town this day, I didn't get to see the switch on this year because I was working which I was mad about but at least it meant the place was almost empty when we eventually went to go see them. Here are a few photos I took...



There's been a focal news story about our tree this year, it's normally huge and beautiful with huge baubles, and this year the front page was "lights just chucked on" I don't think it's too bad, but I've definitely seen nicer trees previous years.

Here's us trying really hard to fit everyone plus the tree in, then pressing the button before we were all actually ready.


Had to throw this in to celebrate my sheer excitement in seeing a nutcracker, whilst doing a Dan Smith standard pose.



Making wishes and throwing coins into the fountain -which I've not done in years!




That's all the photos, it does look pretty magical by the fountain with the overhead lights, especially if there's a starbucks in hand...


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey