Grab a cuppa and catch up

I've been a bit distant lately, both on my blog and in real life. I've been trying to sit down all week and attend to all the things I've been ignoring but it's just been one of those weeks really. Two weeks. Potentially three.
I wanted to just sit down and have a little chatty post today, just a casual Sunday afternoon little catch up on anything new going on in my life at the moment. I've actually had quite a drama filled week, and I wish I could spill the tea because it would make for a good storytime post. But right now the timing is not appropriate... I might spill the tea later at some point once I know it's safe to do so. My life is like a soap opera sometimes, it's comical the things I have going on behind the scenes!
But drama aside, and a cuppa in hand, let's catch up.

Me and my friend met up for a coffee last week at Firebug in Leicester city centre, she's a journalist and blogger herself and every time we meet she gets me in the mood to create new blogging content and it inspires me to really take my blog more seriously. Once we'd drunk our coffee we walked over to DMU to go see her sister's show (through a sudden hail downpour causing us to go back out for more coffee afterwards to warm up and attempt to dry off). Her sister studies performing arts and they were putting on an end of module performance. And I absolutely loved it. I've never really been to theatre/live shows but it was so fun! The show they put on was so artsy too. It didn't really have a "storyline" as to say - there wasn't a beginning, middle, end, big climax, boy saves the girl kind of thing. It was a collection of scenes that merged to create some sort of story, and it was all based on Brexit, the NHS, our failing government and Greta Thunberg. It was really clever, snidey and humorous. Since that I have vowed to attend more shows, more gigs, and more little outings so I can talk about how much I enjoyed them over on my blog.

Aside from that performance, the biggest thing that's happened with me recently is that my little, baby, brother turned TEN! Ten. It's so odd to me because every time I look at him I still see a little toddler with bright blonde hair who liked batman because I liked batman and came into bed with me in the mornings. He's now a fully fledged child who spends his every waking hour on his xbox, argues with me about everything under the sun and has a girlfriend! He never lost his 'baby laugh' though and I love that.

I've officially finished my seventh week of working at Specsavers! It's been amazing so far, I feel like I've really made friends with the people I work with which I've never experienced before. I am really struggling with a 9-5 lifestyle but I'm learning to have a life outside of it now. I'm still new and there's a lot to my job and a lot to learn but I'm getting there and I really love it so far. I also had my first supervision and have been told I'm working to a high standard which was such a rewarding thing to hear.

I've been thinking a lot about my blog and what kind of posts I want to make and the direction I want to go down. Obviously a lot of mental health posts have been going up lately because that seems to be the biggest theme in my life right now, but I'm thinking of bringing back my "currently listening to"s because I really enjoyed them back in the day. I'm also hoping to get out and start doing some interesting things again that can be reviewed/talked about on here.

I realised this week that it's the end of January already and I've made no attempt really at achieving any of the goals I want to be working towards. I've been eating lots of unhealthy food, not been to the gym, not been consistent with any of my routines or reading, I've been waking up late, and being quite lazy towards life in general. I can only think it's because January is a dull month, it's been cold and miserable and dark, and winter is a lot harder to deal with when there's no Christmas to look forward to. But I'm continuing to work hard to get my motivation back again.



So that's been my little catch up, I have missed these chatty style posts... I'm now going to go make a vegan meatball spaghetti dinner, tidy up and have an early night ready for a new week to start tomorrow. I hope everyone else has had a lovely Sunday.


Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey