Catch Up On Books, Fall Out Boy, And 5sos' New Single

I'm really missing my laptop, and it's caused me to not post, because for me blogging time is laptop time. It's the time of the day I sit down with a cup of tea, music at a medium volume, with my laptop on my knee, and my thoughts flowing through to the Internet. Without my laptop blogging doesn't feel like me time. Which is why I haven't posted like I said I would. I spend all day on my phone and it's nice to have a break from it, but without my laptop it doesn't feel as "authentic" I guess.
I'm posting today because I'm having a pretty good time right now and I really wanted to write about it but I have too much to say to just put it in a tweet.. Today I think, could be one of my favourites in a long time. Nothing special has happened (kind of) it's just a few simple things that have made my day.

Starting with: SHE'S KINDA HOT!!! Okay, so I'm a mahoosive 5sos fan, today is the day they finally released a new song. I've never been in a fandom at the right time to really feel the excitement of a new single, to be the one waiting at the end of a radio station for it to be streamed the first time. It's a pretty good feeling actually. I was really nervous about the new single because I know 5sos have really tried to become the band they want to be with this new album they're putting out. So I had no idea how far they were going to take it.. we're they going all out to their greenday roots? Or going with something more poppy than that? Were we getting a ballad? Or a more upbeat song? That's what I was really nervous-excited about. Not knowing.
But when I heard the song. Wow. It's incredible. The vocals, the lyrics, Ashton's commentary in the background, there's an elephant noise at some point... The song just feels like a burst of energy, it really feels like them, their sound, their music. And I really enjoyed it, it's been on repeat since I heard it... Oh and the guitar solo took my breath away. It's sounds amazing! Then right after that Ashton kills us all with a proper solo. Not just a line or two. His own solo. I have so much love for this song and now I'm even more excited for the album, I have a bit more of an idea for what to expect from them now.

I'm also excited because: hey violet's ep has came out today, I don't own it -yet but I've heard bits of the songs and they sound amazing. I heard a few of the songs live and they definitely sound just as good live as they do in studio versions. I can't wait for these to blow up a bit more in the industry.

Also!: today I finally, finally, very late to get it, bought the American beauty/American psycho album from fall out boy. The physical album. In my hands. I haven't officially listened to it because I've been playing 5sos' new song all day but I'm happy I can finally add it to my cd collection. I'm not normally someone who buys albums, I'm a wait-till-its-on-youtube type of person but to have it my hands makes it official, that it's a band in my top 10 bands.

I also fiiiiinally got: the hunger games! The book. Like cds, books aren't something I ever seem to buy. I love reading and I'm constantly, constantly in the middle of some sort of book, whether it by via kindle, wattpad (I know), or a physical copy. But buying them isn't something I get round to doing. If I have a bit of money it goes on clothes or music, nothing else is even thought about...
So I've finally got the hunger games book, but I also bought Joey Graceffa's 'in real life'. YouTube is a massive part of my life and I want every single YouTube book that's come out. But I'm so behind with it all it's hard to keep up with who's book is and isn't out yet. I can't wait to read these though, I become an absolute bookworm in summer and I really want to see if I can read ten before it ends.

That's my little catchup/fangirl session, I'm praying I can get a new charger soon I really miss blogging. Until then...

Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey