I Went To A Gig And Tripped Over A Band Member

I went to a gig type thing with my friend last week, or a few days ago, my mind is mush at the moment. I so badly wanted to take loads of photos and add them to my blog and talk about how amazing the night was, I even got a photo with the singer of one of the band members afterwards. But every single photo, failed in every way possible. All my ones I took of the bands were too dark or too blurry and you can't work out what is even going on.. And then.. the photo I took with the band member, is so so so awful it's unreal. I mean he looks perfectly fine. I was sweaty and red and tired looking so it was going to be a bad photo anyways. But a band member from another band was coming up to us and he was really drunk and he made me laugh. Laugh. I thought I'd still managed to look back at the camera just with a bigger smile but oh wow. Jesus. I'm half blurred as my heads turning round, I have an ugly laughing face, my cheeks are round and shiny and reflecting the flash light, everything about it is awful. I've had my fair share of 'bad photos' but this wasn't just a bad photo.. It was three steps above 'bad'.
So I have no decent photos to post.
But, I do have a good 'bragging' story to tell. I'm like that irritating friend who comes back from a concert like "omg he looked at me and sang into my eyes" etc, but I can't help it! I came into too close contact not to have a moment to write about them and relive it.
Here goes:
There were four bands playing, my friend knows two of them (in a way) which is how I heard about them. The first band everyone just listened to the music, the second band was a bit crazier and you don't really have a choice to just 'appreciate' the music.. Third band, came out to audience at one point (now might be a good time to say how much of a shy awkward person I am) the lead singer searched the audience for who he was going to single out and sing to.. of course he chooses the awkward girl trying to hide away.. He walked over and sang to me. Right into me. On his way back to the stage, my shoe was stuck out awkwardly and he tripped on it. I tripped a band member over. Well, not over over, he continued to the stage unphased, but still.
Then the fourth band came out, and the lead singer had so much power over the audience it was amazing. He turned it from a gig to a concert, it was really good. and here's where the bragging starts, this band is crazy. The singer was pretty much just jumping into the audience and crushing us all, I was underneath him at some point, I was a bit 'oh jesus this isn't my scene' at first, but I pushed the feeling aside and thought, 'well tonight it will be my scene. I'm 17 and I'm going to live this experience' because honestly I don't do enough crazy stuff, so I embraced it. All. I had to hold him, to prevent him from squishing me (first brag). He told everyone to put their hands in the air then he went round and held hands with people in the crowd, I was one of them (second brag). He was falling on top of people and singing into people, I was one them too, he sang into me a few times and instead of being awkward about I rolled with it and it was pretty amazing (third brag) then he held my hand again (fourth brag).
Then it ended and all the band members came out to the audience and hung around with people, my friend went and said hi to him etc and I don't know why I thought I was invisible but he said hi to me too and it really surprised me (fifth brag -kinda) then he hugged me (sixth brag) and then took a photo with me (seventh brag) even if another band member came over and distracted me... I've never met anyone famous before and it was really not what I expected. The whole thing was such a surreal experience and I feel like everyone else who was in the room does that on a daily basis, but that was soooo out of my comfort zone, but it was so good.

As for the actual music at the gig, the room was so small, and there were guitars, drums, and a bass in every band.. that is pretty much all you could hear. The singer was barely heard over the music, everyone mushed together, I'm not saying it was bad because it wasn't it was amazing, they all sounded so good. After every song finished everything buzzed and the room span because it was so loud in there, afterwards it took me 'till three in the morning to get to sleep because the ringing in my ears were insane. Even the next day...I was pretty much deaf for a day and a half.

Here's a photo I took anyways, despite it's awfulness, it doesn't look too bad on here though I guess...


It was a really good night overall, I might put it in my bucketlist and cross it off because it's definitely something people should experience in their lifetime, I'm so cliche and girly it's unreal..
Until next time,


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey