Currently Listening To...

I'VE GOT MY CHARGER BACK!!!! Well, a new charger. I so badly want to just ramble and talk about everything! But my last post was a bit of a chatty, what's been happening lately kind one, so I want to do a currently listening to. Because it's been so long! I've listened to a looooot of music so I'm going to have to condense this down. Then I think I'll write a catch up post after this one so it's more broke up, I've missed blogging so much. I feel like a small child right now, giggling away and smiling at my computer screen.


She's kinda hot - 5sos, if this wasn't completely, obviously, going to be on here then something is very wrong. This song is all I've listened to for 8 days. And all the live versions. And people's covers. And even a lot of reaction videos. Obsessed doesn't cut it. It's Ashton's solo and Michael's guitar solo that kill me. They're so good! I love it. And it's not like they're usual stuff, forget everything you thought about them, then listen to it, it's incredible.

I think I'm love - Kat Dahlia, this is a weird one for me.. I was stalking an 'internet bestfriend goals' twitter account and there was a vine with this song in the background and I just needed to listen to it. So I YouTubed it, and fell in love. I think she's a new coming artist she doesn't seem that well known -considering the songs she's doing! But she does have a good set of fans. Her voice has a realness to it, like she's an average girl from round the corner to me. But it also has a raspiness to it, and everyone knows my utter love for raspy voices. The song is about a girl who suddenly realises she's in love, at first she's pushing it out because she doesn't want to feel vulnerable and weak, then she has no control and she falls for this guy, and she really doesn't want it to break her. That's what I make of it. The lyrics really represent love the exact way I feel it, to the point it feels like she's singing about me, it makes me feel like I'm the one in love. I love it.

Satellites - Sleeping with sirens, I've been obsessed with this at the moment. I love love love the way the song starts and I don't really know why... It's the kind of song I listen to and want to get up and do something productive I think it's because the song is about a 'wake up call'. My favourite line ever is 'and we waste, our lives on the wasted, until there's nothing for us left to justify, oh I don't get it.' and obviously, this is the part of the song where Kellin's voice is raspy.. and perfect, and the way those lyrics are sang is perfect, the way he's he says 'oh I don't get it' like he's so tired of doing the same thing over and over. I just love this song so much.

Halsey. I've never really been a big fan of her.. I'm not too sure why, I just really wasn't keen. But she went and got tattoos with a bunch of her fans, which led me to stalk her twitter account, and she is such a genuine person.. I really like her personality. And my God is she sassy on twitter -within very good reason. And spoken in a very mature way, I love the way she handles things. So I gave her music a listen to, and it's not like anything I've ever heard.. I'm sure there's a bunch of artists out there who sing like her but I tend to stay away from that genre. But I don't know, I just really like what she does, she has visions and creativity and her songs tell stories and they're about things that other people feel uncomfortable with. And when I watch her videos it just looks like I'm scrolling through a grunge tumblr blog. It's amazing, and then you watch videos of her meet and greets or interviews and she's this sweet, humbling, appreciative, bubbly, inspiring person. I feel like I reflect her a bit. I can be quite sassy on twitter but in person I'm too nice and polite, then I have another side of me which comes out a lot in my writing, my vividness/wide imagination. Which seems to be the case with Halsey (from what we see) But her music. My favourite songs are:

Is there Somewhere - Halsey

Hold me down - Halsey

Ghost - Halsey

New Americana - Halsey

Hurricane - Halsey

Colors - Halsey

Stars - Pentatonix, I've said before that I love ptx, and Peter Pan. I love Peter Pan to extensive levels, as well as ptx (Pentatonix) so when they sing a song about Peter Pan, on an album about Peter Pan.. It's a fans' biggest dream. So I was obviously obliged to listen to the album and then..

Beautiful day - Bon Jovi, okay, I love Bon Jovi. That is the band I have been brought up to love. My mum and dad have been to see them so many times. My mum went a few years ago, and next time they come to the UK my mum said she'd take me and I can't wait. So when Bon Jovi sang on this album -about Peter Pan! And it came directly before Pentatonix. It's like it was made specifically for me. This song is so good. It's not like his usual song because, I'm pretty sure this album is made after a musical so their style has been given a magical feel to it -not that it's cheesy. It's pretty amazing.

If the world turned upside down - Goo goo dolls, everyone knows the song 'iris', I love it, and I love a lot of versions of the song as well, and when I saw these had done a song for this album too I was.. it was too much. I like the song -I don't love it, but I really like it, it has take that vibes to it. But it made me the album for me.

I have a few more songs but I think I'm going to leave it here because I've definitely wrote enough. The songs I've put up here though describe my music taste perfectly. Usually I write about fall Out Boy or Greenday, or SWS etc.. because that's just my latest obsession. But my music taste is pretty much everything. I don't like the current charts because the songs don't mean anything, everything is about trashy sex and girls. But this post shows my wide variety of love for music, even though my favourite bands are 5sos, fob, blah blah, my favourite song in the entire world is by B.O.B... It's weird.



Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey