Hello October

Oh October, I have been excitedly awaiting your appearance. The leaves are coming down, it's been raining non stop, it's gloomy by midday and conkers are scattering the parks.
Many pumpkin spiced lattes have been drunk and the jumpers have been dragged out from hibernation.
It is well, and truly, autumn.

I'm sat in the bar my boyfriend works in, with a cup of tea in hand, a orange warm glow from the lights inside, and the bitter, dull, rainy weather is blustering away outside. It's the first of October, although this will be published on the second, I am sat reflecting on September, the goals I made, and my new goals for this month.
I'd written a 'hello September' post last month where I discussed some goals I'd like to achieve over the four weeks, today I'm going to review them and set some new ones for the month of October, which is going to be an exciting, busy month.


Last month I signed up to a little vegan programme, and for the most part I was very successful. My weakness seems to be Subway after I've had a few drinks and I had those marshmallows for our s'mores night. But aside from that I've done very well, turned down food I couldn't eat and sought out new foods I could eat.
I wanted to start wearing cute autumnal clothes with no fear of other people's opinions, which I have. I've bought some amazing clothes this past month, I'm hoping to buy one more skirt and a new jumper and then I'm sorted! These clothes will also carry me through to winter as well.
I wanted to write and blog more, and my blog has really flourished this month, i've been doing really well and fell head over heels for it all over again, my fictional writing has been hit and miss, but I'm still working on it and it's going well.
Lastly I wanted to master contact lenses, I haven't worn them the last two weeks because I got new glasses which I'm obsessed with at the moment, but I have got a lot better at them.



My new goals for October

- I really want to enjoy autumn, I obviously have my bucket list post and I really want to get out and do some really cute things. We have a Halloween party planned and we're going to a spooky, haunted corn maze on the 25th. I'm also on holiday for two weeks of October. It's going to be a hectic month.

- Get a new job. I have a trial shift this Friday for a new job and I am terrified for it. But also really excited at the thought of having this job. I'd love for it to go well and for me be working straight after coming back from my holiday (which is when my money will run out).

- A little bit of a vain one. I'm loving my progress I'm making on my blog instagram and this month I'd like to hit 200 followers on it, after hitting 100 just the other day.

- Start planning Blogmas. I know, already. If I get into the line of work I'm hoping to, it's going to make December a very busy month for me so if I want to do Blogmas, I'm going to have to start planning it now.

- Feel confident in my body. I'm going to Ibiza on Saturday and I'm so worried about my body because I didn't get skinny enough for the holiday and I've been feeling really negative about the whole thing because of it. I'm hoping I can keep a positive mindset and just enjoy my holiday without being conscious of what I look like.


That's all my goals for this month. Happy spooky season.


Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey