Chatty Prom And College Experience

KSNFGNRIGENBTJBRBRBNKJBNKJR.

It's over.

I did it.

College it over!!!

One of the most challenging (at times) but rewarding, exciting, and happiest times of my life. I had my end of year prom last Thursday as well as my last day but I didn't finish all my work until today. It's seven o'clock. I haven't been home all that long, I've showered, had coffee, and now I want to blog. This post is going to talk about my college experience and then I'm going to post a few (not all that brilliant) photos of my prom.

So, overall college was amazing. For personal skills. I've gained so much confidence in myself this year it's unreal. This time last year I wouldn't step on the bus on my own, let alone take a two bus complicated journey to college twice a day. I wouldn't have applied to jobs, I wouldn't have dyed my hair, I wouldn't be me. For the first time I seem to have really clicked with people here. There were no 'bitchy girls' no one was all that judgmental.
This morning on my way to college, there were a few people from my old school on the bus. Let's just say, a whole year on and they're still small minded, they still feel the need to put me down and, wow whoever has started those rumors are hilarious. (apparently I failed everything and no one would take me on after high school, definitely not true. My grades are good..) But whereas as last year I'd have ran away crying because of the way they made me feel, all I could do was laugh, because I'm in college, I don't feel the need to bitch anymore, I don't gossip. I don't need to make others feel small to make myself feel big. And if that's how those people still are, then good luck to them in their lives.. because if they're still viewing the world from a child's perspective then... BYE. I'm so happy.

However, on the academic side of college, I've learnt a lot don't get me wrong. But I don't rate my college at all. It's scummy (if I'm completely honest) I like to think I'm somewhat presentable.. and being in a place like that is just really degrading to me.. I'm the kind of person who shoots for Oxford (if I had got my head stuck in a bit more) so I'm doing some career thinking. Which I want to do a post on. I don't think I want to go back there.. Despite all the amazing friends I've made! *sad face*

So getting out of high school and into college was the best decision I've ever made. And I'm proud of myself for sticking it through even when it was tough and at times I just wanted to quit and go home. I've completed something completely off of my own back and I've proved a lot to myself this year.


Right, prom.
I didn't think I would enjoy it, my best friend (who isn't in my course) wasn't going, my closest friend in my course wasn't going, just a few close friends. I was so unprepared, I had no money because I spent everything on my 5SOS concert two weeks prior. So I wore my prom dress from year 9, which fit me much better than it had before. It was a really expensive dress (£120 -I know) so I didn't want to have just worn it once. It's such a pretty dress as well, it makes me feel like a princess -as childish as that is..
It was a complete disaster to get there and I nearly gave up and just made my way home. But we finally got there. We had bought a VIP booth, and I was given an 18+ wristband (shhh) so I could drink, they played some of my favourite songs. 5SOS, Greenday, The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs.. ah it was so good! We dominated the dance floor, we got tipsy, we went to the bathroom -a looot, and got a little crazy in the photobooth. Then the last few songs came on. The sad ones. We huddled in a circle and danced. And everything hit. Tears were shed. These were some really good friends, who gave me one of the best years of my life, they made me feel a part of something I never have been. It was so overwhelming. I loved it!
Then it was time to go home, I spent the car journey back trying not to throw up in my friend's car, I completely forgot where I lived and sent my friend's poor mum down so many streets. Then I got home to a sleeping house, I grabbed a glass of water, cleaned my teeth, took off my dress, and slept like a baby cuddling my build a bear.
To wake up a 6am the following morning for a day of assessments at college..

I had such a great year, and sadly, it may be over if I make my decision about next year..
*the amount of food we had on the last day of college*

*I know, awful photo. Drunk and blurry, but this is what my prom dress looked like*

*photobooth, I love this so much.*





Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey