Coffee Shop Conversations

It's been a while, this week was the last week of college, and I haven't had the best few days. I wanted to write this post but I knew that I'd end up droning on in an un-enthusiastic tone when I want this post to be a happy cheerful one. I was just going to make it a simple little 'hey I've finished college' update but I'm glad I waited because I've done some scary things today which I need to document as part of my 'changing my life' plan. I also went to Costa and took loads of photos a few days ago, and I wanted to upload them on my blog but I couldn't think how a trip to Costa would be in the slightest bit interesting or relevant to my blog.. So I've come up with the genius idea to make this post a kind of 'sit down with a cuppa, let's catch up and talk about life' post, because I feel like when you go to a coffee shop you tend to have deep, life philosophical conversations. And that's what this post is going to be about. (see why I needed to be in a good mood to write this)
*Caramel Cappuccino. Golden dust whaat!* 


Let's start with college. I've finished it! Summer has officially started! I've been waiting so long for summer and it came round without me even realising. I haven't actually finished all my college work yet, I'm going back in on Tuesday to finish off, which I'm nervous about to say the least.. But I've finished. From the start to the middle of the year I just wanted to quit, because I knew this wasn't the direction I wanted to take in life. But I held on because I don't ever want to be a quitter, a qualification is a qualification and Beauty Therapy is just another thing to add onto my portfolio of life, I enjoyed the experience, and the life lessons and the friends I've made. But more of that in my 'end of year prom' post coming up.
*Bacon, brie and pickle panini -LUSH!*

So summer has officially started. My favourite time of the year! The one time in the year I'm truly motivated. (I haven't been so far but that's changed since literally a few hours a go) As the summer's go by I get more and more adventurous and the need to give myself a summer to remember is getting stronger and stronger (summer bucketlist coming soon -YAY). So I didn't want to spend all summer locked up in my house/seeing my friends every so often.. So today, I've been doing some really scary stuff.. (for me) I've applied to jobs.. a total of three so far. I don't know who would say that's a lot or who would say 'only three!'  I applied for a job working in a hotel, because it seems more fun than McDonalds or the 'local chippy', which everyone else seems to go for..
I applied for a job, which I'm most proud of, it's called 'office junior' where I do admin for a magazine company! Something I really want to do with my life is beauty journalism. If I could get a job here it would give me such a valuable experience and a taster into the world that I could potentially jump into. And if I got on really well there, I could leave college and work there and work myself up the ladder..
I also applied to be a Ward Clerk, because working in a hospital is also something I've always wanted to do, I chose my GCSEs around the plan to be a surgeon, before later changing my mind.. as usual.
That's all so far. I really don't think I'm going to get any of these jobs if I'm honest but I've made the first step of making a CV and searching and actually applying.. so I'm proud of myself.. Hopefully this summer will be full of new experiences and challenges.
*Raspberry ripple french fancy's, so cute!*


Finally I want to talk about 'operation change my life' applying for jobs is obviously part of it, but I've realised this past week that I really don't take care of myself. Which can sound really bad reading that.. I have no sleep pattern. I go to sleep between 12 and 3am and wake up between 6am and 2pm.. it's really bad. I don't eat appropriately. My diet consists of bread, pasta and pizza (I wish I was over exaggerating.) ..And then I wonder why I constantly pick up colds/coughs etc. My body must be so run down.. My room is always a mess -which won't do anything physically but it's not particularly good. I leave everything until the last minute, leaving me stressed, I don't speak to enough of my friends and I don't leave the house enough.
I've improved on exercise this year! I've lost a stone this year simply from getting out more, walking more places, taking up running (occasionally) and I'm starting to become so much more confident with my body. Tomorrow, we're walking into town, then going shopping and I'm going to buy stuff that will benefit my health. I'm starting a new 'look after me' thing, I'm going to eat more healthily -without cutting out on pizza!! and I'm going to exercise even more as it's the summer now and I have nothing better to do.. and I'm going to get a job. And look into taking a different route in college. Those are my main goals right now. That's generally what I hope to achieve this summer. And where normally that would have terrified me, I'm actually really looking forward to it..


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey