Currently Listening To... (6)

Finally I'm actually getting two consecutive posts up, I haven't been listening to many new songs at all this year which has made making these posts really hard because there's not enough to write about. But I'm pushing myself to put something up, I do have three songs I've been absolutely in love with and I've been dying to talk about them...


Only Love Can Hurt Like This - Paloma Faith, I was shocked at realising this song had come out in 2014! I've heard it on the radio a few times and liked the song but I've never been a big fan of Paloma Faith so never really chose to listen to it. However, I did that thing where a song gets stuck in my head so I have to listen to it and then kinda never stop listening to it.. I am obsessed with this song! I love everything about it, the lyrics, the way in which the lyrics are sung, the background music, the song's story, the relatability, the music video... It's a song that will always be a guilty pleasure for those days I feel like singing my heart out and dancing like a lunatic.

7 Years - Lukas Graham, I'm a little late to this one to but I'm not one for keeping up with whatevers in the charts.. I love songs that tell stories and songs that mean something, this song obviously tells the biggest story (of life) and is inspiring in the way that it makes you want to get out there and start making the most of what time you have now before you get old and I really like that, it's a simple but empowering song.

Skulls - Bastille, I've re-fallen in love with Bastille again by falling in love with this song, which I've never really loved before.. I was really listening to the lyrics of it more intently and realised that obviously, like all of Bastille's songs, it has a really beautiful poetic story. About spending eternity with someone, about a love that is immortal even if your bodies aren't. It's creepy in certain aspects, which is intentional, but the song as a whole tells such a nice story and I can't stop listening to it!

This is all I have right now, I really hope I can listen to more music I'm just so stuck in the Bastille/Twenty One Pilots/The 1975 rut that I'm not really listening to anything else that I haven't mentioned on here countless times already.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey