Currently Listening To... (5)

Okay!! Currently Listening To! Lets do this!

(I've been sat staring at a blank screen for a while, that felt an appropriate way to actually get me on with the post)


Satellites - Sleeping With Sirens, I've spoke about this before, and I haven't actually been listening to it at all this past week but I've just stumbled across it right now and memories of my love for this song have resurfaced instantly and I'm being overwhelmed with emotions because this song is so beautiful and I can't believe I forgot about it. I can literally smell the old place where I used to listen to this song, I can feel the feelings I felt when I sat and listened to it. God I love this song.

I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At The Disco, this past week has been a nightmare, I have suddenly developed a habit of saying "what a beautiful kitty" to my kittens, and every time I do I end up singing it out Brendon Urie style and the song will be stuck in my head all day after that. So I've been listening to this song a lot. It's a golden classic.

When You Were Young - The Killers, The Killers are that band that I've been listening to my entire life without knowing it, and now I'm listening to all their songs and knowing them all already, I'm absolutely in love with everything this band does, their songs are so good. Every time I listen to this song I end up continuing to sing it around the house long after it's finished. And I do the same with most of these guys' music.

The Sound - The 1975, I don't think I've spoke about this yet which I should have because I've been listening to it since it came out, since it's first radio play. The music video was released not too long ago, although it could be getting on for two weeks since it's been out... This song, I feel like it's about two people who have broken up, there's hints of a toxic relationship and certain phrases and themes which seems to tie a lot of The 1975's songs together, both from their new and older album. It's so clever and I'm really starting to fall in love with The 1975's writing style, the way the words are written in their songs are so poetic and genius, and with this record referring back to their first in lots of ways, it creates a bigger picture and a story that can be pieced together. And those kinds of songs, and writers, are the best kind.

Colors - Halsey,  the music video came out for this song recently also, I feel like this song is Halsey's soundtrack, not for her herself but with the fans as it's so well known now, especially with it's Tumblr appropriate lyrics and imagery. The video doesn't match how the song's story felt in my mind, but it's such a beautiful video, Halsey looks SO GOOD with her short and blonde hair and "innocent girl" appearance, the video has a cliche common theme to it but with a rather shocking twist at the end that you don't really see coming.. It's "aesthetically pleasing" with a running theme of pastel blue and white colours and a sort of haze over the camera like a Tumblr inspired Instagram filter. I really like it and I'd love to see more, it feels like a kind of film or TV series should be made out of it.

YOUTH - Troye Sivan, the music video for this came out as well recently, I'm still in shock of how well Troye is doing. Troye's music is very similar to Halsey and The 1975, aside from the fact it's an indie sound, Troye uses honest, poetic type lyrics like Halsey and The 1975 (and probably many more artists I haven't listened to), his songs have so much imagery and his music videos are again, Tumblr aesthetic with lots of pastel colours. 


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey