Life Lately: Operation Change My Life

Last year on my blog I had a very small series called 'Operation Change My Life' which was my attempt to straighten out my life, but since new year and the operation change my life being most of my resolutions I kinda stopped writing them, it's only now whilst trying to think how I can incorporate what I want to say into a blog post that I've just remembered about operation change my life. So here I am, I have a new outlook on things right now, and these past two weeks have really changed my life around, I'm finally starting to get to grips with living like a normal human being. Growing up (18 seems to be the year of transitioning between child and adult) the things I want out of life are changing, I'm really keen finding a career that's worthwhile, I want to dress different, look different, behave different. Which is actually really hard, because I keep seeing my reflection and hating what I see, too chubby for my grown up smart brain, too freckly, too small eyes and lips. And I'm finding myself yearning even more for a change in my life, which is how operation change my life has changed.
*Picture taken from my Instagram*

I decided to set myself a rather big goal of wanting to physically look good in a bikini by summer, I know what my body structure will limit me to, I'm not expecting a miracle, I'm not starving myself, I'm simply drinking more water, eating healthier foods, less food, and not staying in bed all day.
I want to look pretty more, by this I mean stop wearing gross clothes I hate, do my hair nice, and wear makeup more. Not because I'm insecure and hate myself without makeup, but because makeup makes me feel good.

I downloaded My Fitness Pal off of the Apple App Store and I've been hooked on it, I lost four pounds last week, but that was partly due to hormonal changes in my body as well as eating better. Everyday I'm waking up motivated, I've been staying on top of keeping everything clean and ship shape, I've been spending my time reading instead of laying in bed on Netflix, I'm thinking of a career in medicine (which is possible for me, I've found out) and everything feels content. This new way I've been changing my life has made me feeling so much happier than the other methods I've tried.

Who knew all I really needed was more water and more than three hours sleep.

And a little bit of exercise.

And less chocolate.

I'm really feeling a better version of my self and I'm looking forward to start living how I'd like to and jumping out of my comfort zone a bit more.

So there's a little check in on how I'm learning to become the person I want to be, I'm p-raying I'm not too busy tomorrow to upload a post, there's one I'm really excited for.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey