Currently Listening To... (7)

I am here, doing another Currently Listening To, two weeks in a row, I think this is a new record since 2016! Again I don't have a particularly interesting set of songs, there's no new band/artist I've fell in love with, but there are a few songs I haven't spoke about before which is much better than the past few weeks.


Run - Snow Patrol, this song is probably my most favourite guilty pleasure of all time! I absolutely adore this song. Mostly I have spent years listening to the version by Leona Lewis which is just as shockingly beautiful as the original version, so I'm semi new to this, original version. I don't actually have a clue what the song is about, except that it is someone singing to a loved one, it's a desperate song, it kinda feels like a scandalous relationship and the man has to send away his girl to protect her because they aren't allowed to be together, but I feel like that's too cliche a story for a song as good as this. I love this song, I don't know anybody who doesn't love this song. Though I'm sure there are people out there.

Just Saying - 5sos, this week whilst pottering around the house I've had my spotify playlist on, which I haven't played in a long time! It's mostly Fall Out Boy, 5sos, Greenday and a few from The Offspring and The All American Rejects and it's nostalgic to last year, at how much I have changed in the space of a year! Just Saying came out in October of 2014, and my god did I overplay it. It's about a guy in love with a girl who has a boyfriend who doesn't worship her as he should, but mostly the song's quality comes from it's tone, the tone of the song is so good, it's punchy, catchy and a little bit badass in a poppy way. I don't love it like I used to to be honest, but I love the nostalgia from it!

Save Rock And Roll - Fall Out Boy ft. Elton John, I'm preeety sure I haven't written about this song yet, it's one of my favourites. A lot of the lines in this song I really like, I like the message of the song, particularly the words "in a world full of the word yes I'm here to scream no" and oh wow especially that line at the climax, I love that part! I feel like this song really embodies the album that FOB put out (obviously, that's why they called it save rock and roll) and it's such a good way to close the album off. I truly have a lot of love for this song.

Homecoming - Greenday, I don't feel like this song gets enough credit, it's a very long song, I think it's actually longer than Jesus Of Suburbia, but I like this one more, it has a lot of parts to it, as does Jesus Of Suburbia and I feel like they play on the term 'homecoming' meaning the school dance kind of homecoming, expressing how fake and it is and the people who go. And also homecoming as in coming home, from say, a long tour playing music around the world. And that part of the song is my favourite the "home, I'm coming home again.." repetitive part, I like how it slows down and the instrumental is really good.


That's what I've been listening to, lots and lots of Greenday, Fall Out Boy, Snow Patrol, and a bit of Paloma Faith still from last week...


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Cute things to do in Autumn

Currently Listening To...