Blogmas Day 7: Festive night in ideas

I always love getting out of the house and doing cute things, going out for food, drinks, to the cinema, mini golf etc. But during Christmas it can become difficult to have those nights out doing things, because money is tight and places put they're prices up, traffic is insane, the weather is crap... there's a surplus of reasons. Mostly it's just money related though.
So I decided to come up with a few things you can do to have a nice night in, with friends, family or your partner. But are on the cheaper side, cosier side, and more intimate than a busy, loud restaurant or bar. I'm someone who makes the smallest things into a massive deal, so these night in ideas are essentially very basic - but I'm stepping them up a notch so they become a bit more special and a bit more memorable.


I'll start with the one on my Christmas bucket list. A gingerbread house competition.
 I'm probably going to do this with my little brother, hair shoved up in a bun, comfies on, Christmas playlist in the background, and some make-your-own gingerbread houses. Whoever makes the best one wins. Add a time limit and alcohol to make it messier/funnier. Then afterwards you can make the perfect hot chocolate, sit in front of the fire with slippers on and eat your creations.

Casual drinks with friends
I say casual because I don't mean a full blown house party. Invite a few gals and guys over, and make Christmas inspired cocktails, a punch bowl of mulled wine, and have the best time catching up with friends, it can be dress up theme or PJs and slippers themed. Take some amazing Instagrams (but bare in mind there's more to life than the best insta shot of your mulled wine) and just have a chilled out, tipsy evening.

Pamper night
To be enjoyed with family, gal friends, boy friends, or by yourself. Order a pizza, have a glass of (mulled)wine, light the candles, and slap on some face masks (with) cucumbers on the eyes!! Paint toes, eat olives and chocolate covered strawberries. Probably not at the same time though. Be the sophisticated god/goddess you are.

Gift wrapping party
I know a lot of people hate wrapping presents. I personally love it. Every year I make a spectacle out of it, I put on either a film or Christmas songs, pour myself a glass of Bailey's (who do a vegan bottle now!!) and wrap presents entirely in my element. But for the people that hate it, why not invite your pals over and have a whole squad of you with a glass of baileys, some party food snacks, and a good ol' chinwag whilst wrapping? Sounds perfect.

Have a bake off
Bake some Christmas cookies, or buy some and decorate them. Bake a cake, a pie, anything. Dedicate a day to the kitchen, dancing to all the Christmas songs, and then you can snuggle up on the sofa and watch a Christmas movie and eat until you burst.

Christmas dinner with friends
Someone I know did this and I thought it was the most amazing idea. Set a date near Christmas when all your friends are free, and invite them all over for a huge Christmas dinner event, get everyone to bring over something and help cook. Christmas day is mostly spent with family/who you live with, so to have a Christmas Day spent with just friends sounds just perfect to me.

Movie night marathon
Invite people over, or spend time with your family, or by yourself. Make your lounge as cosy as possible, bring out all the blankets and cushions, mattresses from the beds upstairs, fully turn your lounge into a den/fort. Organise which films are going to be played and in which order, prepare all the snacks and drinks and have the cutest, cosiest night in.

Boardgames night
Honestly, boardgames are so underrated! I love playing boardgames, card games, charades, the lot! I hate that I've suggested alcohol in every idea I've had, but boardgames are so much funnier when tipsy. Last year we played that game where you try to speak with that plastic thing in your mouth and we all laughed so much I actually peed myself. Three times. Genuinely. I have a weak bladder.
So boardgames are a win!


So there are some of my cosy, cheaper night in ideas, I will definitely be doing a few of these myself. I love anything cosy and Christmassy and sometimes that beats the sparkly Christmas outfits and meals in crowded, overpriced pubs. Even though I have got my works Christmas party tomorrow tonight and am excited for it.


Shan x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey