Blogmas Day 6: The Christmas light switch on

I knew blogmas was going to be hard, a post everyday for 24/25 days is hard work. With starting a full time job alongside it, it's made it almost impossible. But I vowed to myself I would do it this year, and I will post 24 posts if it kills me. So I will be doing multiple post days, and spend my days off work writing everything Christmassy that comes to mind!

I'm actually not at all feeling Christmassy this year. I think I'm so focussed on my personal projects and work and my inner peace that Christmas just isn't on my mind. We've only just put the tree up.

But today I'm taking us back to the Christmas light switch on. I've done this blog post every year - the Christmas lights in Leicester post. I always will do until the day I'm not living in Leicester. I love the lights switch on, the counting down in a huge crowd of people, walking the newly lit streets with a costa thawing your frozen hands, watching the Salvation army brass brand in the town hall square, then warming up in John Lewis whilst walking around the Christmas section (I'm a huge fan of Edgar the dragon) it's such a festive, lovely day. So as usual, here are my annual photos of the Christmas light switch on in town.














Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey