Christmas 2019

So this is what happened. Starting my new full time job was way more hectic than I thought. Blogmas was way more intense than I thought. December was way more busier than I thought.
So I did what I do best, which was disappear. I never got any blog posts written out, ghosted a bunch of my friends, and dropped off the face of the planet. Less of that in 2020.

But as new years is tomorrow and Christmas is just about officially over, I absolutely have to get my Christmas post up!
I love my little chilled, chinwag Christmas posts.
I had an amazingly relaxed Christmas this year. I had a few days off (I'm working in a job (finally) that doesn't require me to work the three days over Christmas)
I ate so much food it physically hurt me, drank so much alcohol I was constantly warm and stayed permanently in my PJs. It was lush.
My presents this year were amazing. They all perfectly enrapture my grandma personality. Books, herbal teas, bath bombs and hot water bottles. Ooooh. Perfect.
Here's a few photos of my Christmas day of 2019.
I started my morning with a Baileys at 7am. The best way to celebrate 7am.
I had briefly mentioned how much I loved teapigs and was absolutely spoilt with so many different teas! Tea really excites me, I love trying new ones, I have a little cupboard dedicated to my growing collection and these were just absolutely amazing.
 The one thing I asked for this year was this palette. I adore the chocolate palette, it's all I ever wear, but these shades are beautiful and as a fellow ginger, I definitely needed some more orange tones in my makeup collection.

 I am a mahoosive book nerd. There's not much better than curling up with a good book and a good cup of tea. A quote I really love from C.S Lewis is "You can't get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"
Looking for Alaska is one of my all time favourites but I didn't actually own it somehow. 
Still Me is the third book from Me Before You, another book I adored.
The Goldfinch is a book I'd never heard of until I saw the trailer for the film adaption and new I'd absolutely love it. 
Primeval... is one of my all time guilty pleasures favourite TV shows. If you haven't seen it, watch it. It's so good. My mum bought me the whole set because Netflix doesn't have it on anymore.
 I also got a Woodwick candle, one of my favourites. I love to have a candle burning whilst reading a book with a cup of tea. My presents have some sort of theme going on here.
To the left are some LUSH sets. Obviously, it is very well known I have a huge love affair with LUSH. 
 I also got this hoodie, to match my mum's after I told her I really wanted her one back in November. A hot water bottle with matching grinch socks (I really needed a new one and loooove being warm) as well as a microwaveable hottie - to match my Chip mug, to drink my tea from, in bed with a new book and a candle burning...
 My cats were going absolutely insane on Christmas morning. Above is little Lillie hiding under the tree constantly pouncing out at people, and below is little Moo who was jumping all over the wrapping paper, and when I tried to take a photo, did the weirdest thing with his ears.

Christmas dinner was huge this year. I love veg and I will stock up so much on it, I had 8-10 brussels on my plate, broccoli, sweetcorn and parsnips, and potatoes of course (mashed is better than roasted) I did decide to eat meat this Christmas, purely because if I didn't, it would have been wasted.

Not entirely sure what's going on with my jawline. I look like a loaf of bread. But here's our annual Christmas family photo. 


And that concludes my Christmas. I hope everyone has had a lovely time this year, let the new year posts commence...

P.S I uploaded a little trailer to my YouTube channel, for my upcoming project "operation change my life" the link to it is "here" I'd really appreciate it being checked out. I've worked really hard on this personal project, now I'm ready to put it out there to the world too.


Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey