Blogmas Day 8: Birthday shenanigans and gratitude

I wanted to post another birthday post, on what I actually got up to on the day. Mostly because we went for dinner in the cutest place and although I never got a decent photo of myself, my outfit was cute. I also felt really inspired on my birthday and really wanted to talk about how much my friends have gone above and beyond for me recently. 
I really did feel alone this year, and after hitting rock bottom I've had so many friends not only show me the most kindness I've ever known, but they've all inspired me so much. I've hid the writer side of me for so long, and this blog wasn't known by anyone I knew personally until just a few months ago. 
The love and encouragement I've had has been incredible, I wasn't expecting to be built up like this by the people in my life and I'm so grateful for everyone who has been by my side the past few weeks. It's been a very intense time for me yet I've found myself bouncing off the walls with joy most days because of the impact you've all had on me. I really don't have the words to articulate how I feel, and how much my friends have inspired me and gave me 'fight' again. 

All soppiness aside, I wasn't expecting much for my birthday this year, I didn't have the money to plan anything with anybody, I didn't ask for anything and didn't even tell anyone at work it was my birthday until half an hour before the shift ended. I've been so tired after finishing work that I thought I'd just collapse on my bed once I'd got in. But I found myself coming home and telling everyone to get dressed because I wanted to go for dinner at my favourite restaurant. (The best tapas Italian restaurant called Pesto)
So we got dressed and out, I had the biggest glass of wine I've ever seen and chatted absolute nonsense over the best food and company. Here are some photos of my birthday. Featuring my extremely awkward face.
P.s this top was from Primark.








Then once the weekend rolled around I had a call from one of my friends who told me she had about two hours spare between finishing work and meeting her girlfriend. Giving me twenty minutes to get dressed and on the next bus to town to meet her for a birthday drink. Below photo is taken from a bar called Bruxelles in Leicester. I had the best time on Saturday, and definitely vowing to see more of this girl in the new year. This was a much needed, long overdue, perfect catch up. 




That concludes my birthday shenanigans and soppiness. I always get sentimental on my birthday with the year coming to an end too. It's a year I'm excited to see the back of, but my birthday was definitely a good day.


Shan x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey