Dear Me (WARNING: I got carried and couldn't stop writing.. it's a little long)

I feel like I'm a little too young to have experienced enough to know enough to be able to write this... But I couldn't help myself, the me I am now is drastically different from the me I was last year and that's purely just that step up from high school. I want to know what I think of my former self and I guess I own't know until I start writing.
The Dear Me campaign is to do with international women's day -I don't know much about the day but the idea is to write a message to your 13 year old self from today's perspective and tell yourself how your life turns around and how it all works out -I'm still waiting on the whole 'it works out in the end' thing but, here goes anyway...

Dear Me,
You're thirteen, ironically the year that everything fell apart. That guy who broke you, he changes -a lot, and you'll be laughing at what he turns into, and how what he did to you was the best thing he could do. Because he leads you to this new part of life. But you'll also laugh at how you thought someone could mean so much to you at such a young age, and when you grow a little more you'll realise he was actually nothing to you, don't you worry your little mind about him. He's nothing. He's the stepping stone that brought you here now.
I know you're still sad at what your friends did to you. And I'm sorry to say it happens again, the exact same thing... But this time you stand strong, you don't run away. And you know what, it wasn't that bad! You build your mind up too much and it's no good for you. Nothing is as bad as your mind tells you, you learn that (and it's still scary to this day but you're managing)
You do get hurt, a lot and when I say a lot I hate to say I mean it. Even the very person closest to you... yeah I know. But you don't look back at it with a bitter mind. These people battered you so hard they built you into this incredible strong, fierce woman (yes, that woman you always wanted to be) and you can do nothing but thank them because if it weren't for them, those fake friends, bullies (yes there are more bullies), ex boyfriends, family members, if it weren't for them you wouldn't be turning into this woman you always wished you were. It's happening like 7 year old you said it would so keep your chin high and smile through it all because they'll be gone soon and suddenly it won't matter.

High school. No it doesn't get any better people still treat you the same as they always have (but it changes in college I promise) I know you won't listen when I say this but: high school is just high school and when it ends, trust me it ends for good. This is the best thing I can ever tell you. It's a loooong journey but when it's over it's like it never even happened, those memories fade instantly.
Unfortunately before it gets better it gets worse, at the very end you give in and you lose every care you ever had (I know, that sounds nothing like the 13 year old you) I ask you to keep that strength and do your exams better. You still do good though because even without paying attention your clever mind got you passes (only one A, not the straight A's you wanted.. Change that.) That A was in English can you believe it! Right now your writing is important to you, and I'm sad to say you stop writing, and your English teacher doesn't realise your talent. He puts you down further. But you pick it up again I promise (but it's not like it was before, you're still working at getting that back) and I want you to stick with that dream you had. Promise me you will.
In high school you meet one person who is definitely worthy. Your best friend. It was a long time coming but it was worth the wait. She's everything, another you. And you get to share this amazing life experience together -honestly nothing can beat it.
You also meet a boy ;) ;) ;) he is everything too, your biggest crush, nothing happens in school but you left on a cliffhanger and your future is open for him when your paths collide again -you and I both have that to look forward to.

That life you planned, your dreams, it's finally on it's way. It's not coming easy to you though and you have to work hard. Harder than your 17 year old self is. Your dreams change a lot and you never really decide but you experiment with different things and still learn a lot, you gain a lot of valuable experiences.
You have a lot of happiness in your life and it's brought by the people who surround you (and you're not left with many but I promise it's more than you'll ever need)

Oh and guess what! You finally learn to be your own person! I know how much you battle with it, and how you follow the crowd too much (please stop wearing the joggers and neon colours, and stop saying 'innit' it's not who you are) be you, you learn it eventually but learn it faster and you'll be happier for longer I swear. After high school you find your confidence I know the very thought of that word is scary right now, but there reaches a point you can't take it anymore and you jump out of that bubble, and people like you. Just like that small part at the back of your mind is telling you now, people do like you, when you show your true colours -and by true colours yes I'm talking about that ridiculous crazy side you have. Never stop showing that side, it's your individualism, your niche.

I've kept you reading long, but that's because you have so much you need to know as your fragile 13 year old self, and this is just 4 years on.. all I can say right now is be independent, be yourself, listen to music, laugh all the time, be crazy, don't worry about your body, have fun, be a teenager and live.

Good luck it's one hell of a ride, just don't hold tight on the seat let loose and embrace every second of it because it whizzes by.
Love always, Me xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey