What I've Been Up To Today

I'm in the mood to babble. I've had a really good day today, I'm in one those moods where you feel really inspired and motivated, but actually extremely sleepy.. I've been so ridiculously tired lately. I tried to vlog today. Well, I did vlog today. In my summer bucketlist post I said I wanted to go to pebble beach, pebble beach is a river/brook type thing that a group of people found in high school and it became a huge craze  to go and hang out by this river/brook like Americans would do in one of their huge fancy lakes they have. Although pebble beach is quite dirty and.. in the middle of a cow field. A cow field.
So when me and my friends went, we decided to follow the river up for a nicer area, and wow was our half hour journey worth it. We found ourselves at a secluded little area surrounded by trees, the water was clear, actual pebbles at the bottom, fields of just grass beyond the trees, little fishies, and best bit: a tire swing.
This was our area. No one else had taken the time to discover this far up.. Unfortunately we only went to this place twice, and it was three years ago and none of us are friends -or even on speaking terms anymore.

But, I want to start this post from the beginning. I woke up this morning, the sun was shining through the window onto my skin (which is unusual because it has rained almost every single day this summer (aside from that hot two weeks we had)) I thought I'd slept in late but I couldn't bring myself to get up. You know when your covers are wrapped so perfectly around you and everything is too warm and you'd be stupid to get up.. that was this morning.
My mum came into my room and I didn't even open my eyes to her until she said "your interview has come through" to which I was given post. Post. It feels weird to get post at 17. My college has finally given me my level three interview, and after having to postpone my previous interview because it was on my friend's birthday, this one happened to land on my mum's birthday. At 9am.
Along with my that, my certificate for level two came and it's so pretty. It's the first time I've really felt proud of the work I've done this year.
Then, I went downstairs and had a cup of tea. We bought flavoured tea the other day, I've only tried red berries so far -which is pink. Pink tea is amazing.

We were thinking about what we were going to do for the day and we decided on trying to find pebble beach. Which is where I tried vlogging -proper vlogging. Talking to a camera is really scary.
Pebble beach is through a park so me and brother played on the park for a bit before trying to find pebble beach which was through the woods at the back.
It's only been three years.. how does a river and a cow field disappear? We searched for ages, and we couldn't find it anywhere. I don't get it..
We felt pretty poo after that, it started to rain so we had to move on. After a long, difficult discussion in the car we decided to go shopping. My vlog at this point is history. The bits of footage I do have are going towards my end of summer vlog. My brother got some clothes, a new basketball and a football, I got a new rucksack which I've wanted to replace my old one for so long. 
Then we finished the day in McDonalds -as usual.
Tonight after my brother goes to bed me and my mum are going to watch Eat, Pray, Love. Which I haven't seen yet, but I need a break from The Vampire Diaries which I haven't stopped watching.

*I didn't take any photos today, but this is from my last adventure, which is going up soon*


Babble over, that's what I've been up to today. Being able to blog again again makes me so happy, I didn't realise how much I really enjoyed it until I got back to it, I've also got out of bed every day since having my charger back...


Shaan x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey