Spontaneous Happiness

It's not often I suddenly realise I'm truly happy. Because you shouldn't be able to tell your happy. You should just feel it. But every so often I'll be sat by myself, or with people who make me happy and I'll think to myself wow, I wouldn't change anything in this moment. And I'll feel infinite, I could be at a BBQ with a group of friends who mean everything to me, or in the house alone, my favourite song has just come on and I can dance because no one's watching, or I could be with my family, small but well earned, and we could be at the beach, or in a shop, and everything just feels good. It's one of -if not the best feeling in the world.
The strangest part is that I'll have these moments of 'sudden happiness' in the midst of a really bad time. Where everything is clinging on by a thread, where really I should be wallowing with a tub of Ben and Jerry's, a Netflix show, and refusing contact to anyone who doesn't have fur or a wet nose. Which is what I originally planned on doing today, because I'm in the midst of a semi-bad time, and all I should do is wallow..
But when I got to my room, tea in hand, hot water bottle clutched tight, laptop turned on in search of Netflix.. I stumbled upon a blog, a girl -well woman, putting her life on the internet, someone who values life and has a perfect sense of humor, who literally made me laugh out loud. It takes a lot for me to find a blog I love. And I love this blog.
From having a good time reading a blog, came a music playlist, which came that song that makes me feel warm and content every time I hear it. And suddenly my pain has gone, the sun is warm and streaming through my window, there's no grey clouds, the rain has stopped. I was hit with that 'sudden happiness' moment and now life is great.

 These moments, and the people that sometimes take part in these moments are treasured so much more when life isn't all grand and dandy, because realising that life is perfect at the point where life is imperfect is literally the definition of perfect. And I love that. And it inspired me to write this post.



Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey