5SOS: Fly Away Reaction/Review

5 Seconds of Summer have just dropped a bomb on us. Last night they released their new album pre-order, date and cover art. Us fans have been waiting so long! And when they said 'October 23rd' I was whaaaat! That's ages away! But it's really not, and to think it's suddenly so close to October, I think it's 71/72 days away until the release.. the year has gone so quick!
So here's a quick whip up of what I think of the new song:

Fly Away. I woke up this morning and I was scrolling on twitter and I JUST, JUST caught a tweet saying an Australian radio show was about to play a new 5sos song. So I tuned in as quick as I could, I caught it by three minutes. I'm so lucky. They played the song and awwwww my god!!! It's so good. Someone had recorded it and put it on soundcloud which I've been repeating since I found it, and I now know all the lyrics..
The song starts with Calum, he sings a good portion of the song which I love, and the very beginning of the song has these really cool Busted/All Time Low, late 90s/early 2000s vibes to it. I love the choice of lyrics in the beginning to, 'cracks in the sidewalk, I'm over all the small talk' it relates to me so much! That's exactly how I feel.
The song is about being sick of the same old town and spontaneously running away, we all know how much I love being spontaneous, and I want to run away so bad right now, just get a plane ticket and go, just because I want to explore and be adventurous and do something different. I really do hate where I live.. and I'm sick of all the cracks in the sidewalk.
This song I think is definitely going to be the catchy song of the album, it's got that hummable tune to it that you don't even realise your humming, I think it's the one your parents will get stuck in their head because they can hear it from your bedroom and it just gets subconsciously (probably not the right word) stuck in their head.
The song overall is quite quiet voices wise, it's a more lyrical and guitars song, their voices are almost background noise, which is what reminds me of the early 2000s Busted.. somehow.
Michael has a really good solo in it too, this song is perfect for Michael and Calum's voices, I think that's why they're the main voices you hear in the song, Luke has some good vocal parts in the chorus that I love and even Ashton has some 'hey hey hey's in there.

This song is now the third one we've heard from the album, Permanent vacation has only been heard in live version, She's kinda hot is a single, music video, and an EP, and now Fly Away is the song you get if you pre-order the album. This album is supposed to go along the theme of 'misfits' and 'rejects' it's an album that's supposed to knit all the outcasts together and create a new kind of family within the fans. I love the concept behind that, and with Fly Away and She's kinda hot, 5sos are definitely succeeding so far, a lot of people are becoming a part of these songs, I know they both really relate to me.
I'm so excited for this next album because I know 5sos are becoming the sound they want to be, and I know how proud they are of it and how they want to tell a story with their songs, they say this album is for us but I honestly think this is their album, their sound, their feelings. Ahh I can't wait.



Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey