10 Reasons To Be Getting Excited For Spring

I'm feeling really refreshed today, after that good cry I had yesterday (who knew I needed one that desperately) I woke up a completely transformed woman! I had a little (big) play around on my lovely new iPhone and did a teeny bit of housework, when one of my college girls text me and asked if I'd like to go out with the girls this Saturday, like proper 18 year old, legal, Saturday night clubbing... I was so happy I squealed, and that made my day so much better. And then I realised, it was nearly spring. I know technically spring is miles away, but for me, spring starts March 1st. Spring to be honest, is probably my least favourite season, it's just a cheap version of summer except fresher, but it's not winter! The days are starting to get longer which I'm so happy about because my skin has been blessed with Vitamin D and sunlight and all good things. So I thought I'd compile a list of reasons why I'm desperate for spring to arrive in full swing.

1. The air always seems to be so much fresher in Spring, the rain (which England gets a lot of in spring) makes the grass a lot greener and the air clean, spring feels like being able to breathe for the firs time since autumn summer ended.

2. The birds come out, the birds are out all year really but in spring they're really out, much to my kittens delight... I really enjoy waking up in the mornings with a bit of sun streaming though my window, a visible blue sky, and birds chirping away. I know, we're able to actually see the sky again, the blanket of grey is broken up by bits of blue by spring time.

3. Freshly cut grass, I have a bit of hayfever so maybe this is not the best thing to love. When I was at Primary school we used to make grass piles out of the freshly cut grass on the field, and I used to be referred to as 'the wheelbarrow' because I could hold the most grass out of my friends and carried it from one area of the field, to our big pile. But basically I love the smell of fresh grass in spring, and most importantly, the sound of lawn mowers... After a long winter the sound of a lawn mower gets me so excited at the prospect of summer. Which leads me to my next point.

4. The sound of lawn mowers, this means winter is over, because the grass is dry enough and the air is warm enough to go outside and cut the grass. The sound of cutting grass might be my favourite sound, it takes me back to nothing in particular, just the memory of childhood summers and fun and happiness.

5. Daffodils, flowers, butterflies. Spring is the season for gardens. Daffodils always get me excited just because it another sign of winter being gone, and I love the colour yellow. I've seen little stalks this year so far, but not fully flowered yellow flowers, not yet.

6. Easter! Easter isn't one of the best holidays, but I love holidays in general, any excuse to celebrate something. It's more that little break that signifies winter definitely being gone and summer is now in our reach.

7. It has been a family tradition as a child to go to the farm at spring/Easter time, because that's when all the baby animals are born. We can walk around and feed the tiny baby, very social lambs, and goats and piglets, and if the weathers warm enough get some ice cream and sit on the park for a bit.

8. Bye bye bulky coats. Obviously in England it still rains a lot and doesn't really warm up 'till June, but you can start to wear less clothing, maybe the odd crop top, a skirt or dress with tights, a lighter jacket.. and oh the colours. Tis the season of bright colours.

9. Lighter evenings, longer days means more things to do, though I'm going to have to break this habit of going to bed at 6pm if it's still going to be light out. I'll probably also be working all the time, but it'll be a lot more comforting walking home in the daytime not the dark.

10. Spring cleaning. As a non 18 year old this phrase had me running for the hills, but I guess the newly formed grown up in me who like cleanliness, and organised spaces. I genuinely love going through my stuff and sorting out pieces that should have gone in the bin years ago, and stuff that should be transferred into a newer, more functional place. It also helps that I seem to be a bit of a hoarder so I always have lots of fun things to go through. I recently found a present that was given to me by my best friend when I was six. Twelve years later and I still have it, tucked away in my draw of Special Things.

I feel like I'm missing a very crucial part of spring, but I can't think what it could be...
Writing out this has made me 100 more times excited for warm weather. The only place I want to be right now is on a very hot beach with white sand and tropical blue sea, and looking away from the computer screen just now to my bedroom and realising it's still cold outside and that there's no tropical beaches around here was such a disappointing sight.. but summer will be here soon enough now.
I'm hoping to go Isle of Weight this year, we went a few years ago and it was easily my favourite holiday, despite my constant claustrophobia with the caravan bedrooms. Shudders.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey