Life Lately: The January Round Up Edition

The monthly round ups are back, as am I for that matter, I can't believe it's Friday and I haven't posted yet this week! It's not been the most productive of weeks that's for sure. The week has been full of Secret Love Song's from Little Mix's, cooking brunch, kitty cuddles, and re-watching Victorious.
So I'm gonna sit down and catch my blog up with my goings on-sies and commit myself to posting more.
It snowed this month and I forgot to do a post on it!! I'll add a few photos throughout.

First I'm going to check up with my resolutions. My blogging resolutions have been rubbish, my fitness resolutions have been touch and go, healthy eating is touch and go, keeping my room tidy... well, it took me three weeks to get my floor 100% clear. But myself? The work I have been doing on myself, my mind and happiness.. has been perfect. I'm starting to really be content in myself, I'm learning to push myself and reward myself for being pushed, I'm looking after myself, and as cheesily cliche as this sounds, I'm learning what it means to love yourself, and respect yourself.
So yes that first month could have gone better in terms of being productive and weight shedding, celery munching (I hate celery), blog writing and keeping out of bed as much as possible, but I'm happy. And I don't care about how big I look in my favourite jeans if I'm wearing a smile...
But next month though, I needa get back on that fitness train. No excuses now.
Also, blog more.
I truly, truly dislike my face in this, but, we built an igloo!..And used up all the snow.

I said I was going to update about what happened at my work training days, but there's not as much to say as I thought there would be. It went fine, I was calm and didn't fall over. And I didn't need to excuse myself to cry in the bathroom.
I have a lot to prove though, they think I'm a typical teenager, who is going to struggle and not handle situations very well, and never turn up on time, or do my job properly, or not have the confidence to do my job properly, or stick to the job at all. So the first few weeks will be critical in proving I'm just as reliable as everyone else.

I'm thinking of doing a new series on my blog, it's not going to be a weekly or monthly thing, just an odd little post here and there. I'm thinking of doing playlists, every Monday I do my Currently Listening To, but when I'm doing certain things like having a bath, doing the housework, or brunching, I listen to other songs, like guilty pleasures, or things that fit the mood. So I'm thinking of sharing playlists on certain things. I have two in mind so far. Kind of three, but I need to think about the third one yet. The first might be uploaded Sunday, if I can get my ass in gear.

I'm so excited for this weekend though!! I have always wanted to do a special 'school project' where you get really stupidly creative, but I never had anything. My brother however, has to make a toy for school and everyone is getting really creative with it, so over this weekend we're going to build a Jurassic Park land. Jurassic Park is one of my favourite films, I should have added it in my favourite films post but I didn't think about it until now, my brother is a typical boy and loves dinosaurs, and spicing things up by making our own Jurassic Park just makes things more fun and interesting, and we gotta be the best in the class right?
The front of our igloo, plus our snowman: called, Snowetter.

I don't have much more to say, I'm going to live out our Friday traditions by making some pizza and watching a movie. I think it might be i robot because we got the 3D version this week, Will Smith in 3D. That, is a perfect Friday.
Ooh actually before I go! I watched a trailer earlier for a film called Me Before You, it's based off a book and it looks AMAZING! It has Sam Claflin in, and I do love him. But it's a film about the job I'm about to go into, except I deal mostly with older people, not Sam Claflins. Sigh. It just looks really good and I think I might buy the book with my first wages because it looks my kind of thing. I've guessed what the ending is, but lots of people are saying the ending is traumatic and they don't want to watch the film because they don't want to feel that sad again, so that's making me second guess myself in case there's a twist to the end... I'll let you know how much I cry.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey