Currently Listening To... (4)

Today is a good day, if you'd have asked me if it was a good day a few hours ago though... I wouldn't have been able to answer without swallowing a mouthful of tears and drowning. I haven't cried in a while, and crying is an essential thing that keeps us people from going absolutely crazy in this world. So when I had accidentally smashed my phone up into pieces.. it was the final straw and I collapsed onto my bed crying harder than I have in years. But then I realised I'm working very soon, if not next week and that I can afford to take out a new contract... and alas, here I now stand (well sit) with my brand new iPhone 6. After accidentally flushing the last iPhone down the toilet, I am absolutely ecstatic to be have my favourite phone again. That is why today is a good day, because I got a new phone, and nothing is as exciting as setting up a new phone, honestly.


You Don't Own Me - Grace Ft G-Eazy, this song was huge around Christmas time, and I loved it, but I never purposely played it on my phone through earphones. This week it was played on the radio in the car, and when we got in the house I had to hear it again, so I played it... and never stopped. I love the song, I love anything empowering females related, I love sassy independent lyrics, sometimes I like a good bit of rap in a song, the voice this girl has got is incredible. It's an odd sounding song, it doesn't seem to strictly have verse/chorus/verse/chorus, there are a lot of pauses in the start and you can barely notice when the chorus comes in, if it weren't for the fact it's a very catchy tune. Then there's this beautiful climax of the song where it turns from "don't tell me what to do" to "I don't tell you what to do" and "I'm young..." which is my favourite part of the song.

What Would You Do - Bastille, I'm writing this song too early in the order, but I'm listening to it now and it only makes sense to speak about it now.. These past few days I'v really fell back in love with Bastille all over again, falling back in love with a band is such a good feeling, especially with Bastille, somehow their music reaches my soul, every time I listen to them I can really feel the songs. Isn't it weird how music can do that..
This is one of my favourite Bastille songs/covers, because of the way it's been produced, Dan's vocals blow me away every single time, especially at the climax with the long notes. I love singling out every part of the song, there's so many layers to Dan's voice and the drum beat that carries the song through is similar to Ed Sheeran's Kiss Me, in the sense that it's felt, the drum isn't there to structure the song but give it it's life. The song's quite serious, touching on sensitive subjects, it's a song to sit down and truly listen to and absorb.

Somebody Else - The 1975, this song is so interesting, it came out a few days ago and it's a take on a common genre of song, but it's taken from an angle that seems so much more real. It's about someone you used to be with, but you've since broken up. You've both healed and got over each other, but when this other person finds another partner it feels... weird, as the lyrics says (which I love) "You're intertwining your soul with somebody else" all the lyrics are amazing and real and worded in such a poetic way, on top of that the song is quite chilled and calm, which is the complete opposite of the other songs we've had so far which are all bouncy fun and energetic. I'm really, really starting to fall in love with The 1975. Their album comes out in a few days and I'm so excited! I will definitely be getting it on vinyl once I'm paid.

That's really all I can talk about, I've been in a bit of a music rut this year, but this week I'm starting to listen to a lot of 5sos again, The 1975, and Bastille, but we've had that many posts of Bastille and 5sos... I don't think I can do anymore. But! Bastille are bringing out their second album soon, though they won't give us a bloomin' release date. Or a name of the album. We're all losing our minds. I'll definitely be doing an album review of that!!!


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey