The Playlists: Feel Good Brunch Time



I just realised what day it is, and that I don't have anything I'm currently listening to... unless I'm in the kitchen cooking something. So like I mentioned in the last post about doing my own 'playlists', I though I'd just make this post into a playlist post because it works better than making a Currently Listening To.
I've been having a lot of mushrooms this week...

Secret Love Song - Little Mix ft Jason Derulo, I spoke about this in my last Currently Listening To, and I'm still listening to it. That's why I haven't really got any current songs. But this song is the perfect way to start off brunch because it's so good to pour your heart out and dance like a princess while cracking eggs and boiling the kettle.

Sex - The 1975, generally I go to this song next, I think this was also in my last Currently Listening To, and since then I've loved this song more and more everyday, it's something a bit more dance-able so you can groove your way around the kitchen.

Gold - Imagine Dragons, I haven't listened to this in a while, but wow it's good for brunching! It's got that beat to it, and that tune to it, that has "guilty pleasure" written everywhere. It has a beat you can move to, but also walk to, I mean I look a bit weird trying to walk/dance to this song but that's okay because no one watches. Then it has the amazing bridge of "I have nothing, nothing, nothing, notHIINNINGGGINGGGG" which is pretty good to scream into a spatula.

Crazy = Genius - Panic! At The Disco, this is a massive song, in the sense of production, instruments used, tone of voice... this is definitely a guilty pleasure kind of song that feels so so good to dance to around your kitchen.

Kitchen Sink - Twenty One Pilots, at first I didn't like the idea of listening to this when boogieing around the kitchen because it's a sad song, it makes you feel sad and opens the palace of dark thoughts, which you don't exactly want when cooking delicious food. But I listened to it, and it's actually really good. Because you can rap along and pretend you're eminem, and then come the chorus you can sing your heart out, and when the climax comes... you can scream the words dramatically and painfully, and end up feeling pretty good about it.

Catch Fire - 5SOS, this song is upbeat and cheery but somehow has sad undertones, I like this because you can listen to it and it makes you dance but more passionately because you feel the lyrics...

Figure Me Out - The Summer Set, this is their new song that I can't stop listening to!! It has the same vibe as Imagine Dragons (does not sound like Imagine Dragons, it has the same happy, feeling Imagine Dragons has to their songs) and it's a feel good song with honest lyrics, I really like it.

That's the songs I've been listening to whilst brunching this past week/two weeks, the songs don't really fit together in one genre and future playlists will be more theme related, but this is just what I've been really enjoying listening to, that couldn't become a Currently Listening To because I think every song but three was on last week's Currently Listening To.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey