Sunday Brunch Omelette Recipe

Nothing feels more perfect than lazying in bed late on a Sunday morning, kittens curled up beside each side of you purring their little selves away while you check up on social media. To then come down stairs, pop the kettle on, and cook a good old brunch. It has become a recent tradition of omelette cooking on the weekends due to buying an omelette pan not too long ago. Every omelette, every weekend is differently made depending upon my mood, I've put together a recipe for my omelette which has a little bit of every flavour, for those Sunday mornings I'm feeling more adventurous.


I use:
Red onion
Mushrooms (closed cup)
Ham
Vegemite
2  eggs
Garlic salt
Pepper
Cheese

I start with beating my eggs together in a jug so that they are ready to be poured into the pan later. I crack two eggs into a bowl, and add a lump of vegemite. Yes, it takes a veeery long time to mix the vegemite properly! The vegemite adds an extra flavour to omelette, if not vegemite, there's also marmite, or nothing, for people who despise the stuff.

I then slice my mushrooms and red onion and tear up pieces of ham to fry them off in the pan with a little blob of melted butter.


Once they're done, I pour the eggs over the top of the fried ingredients evenly, and season with garlic salt and black pepper.



Once the egg is about cooked I grate some cheese over the top of it all and wait until it's melted.

And voila! Bobs yer uncle!



Of course it's best served with some toast and a cup of tea.

Best weekend morning breakfast.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey