Currently Listening To...

Mondays just come round far too quickly. However I'm ready and rearing with plenty o' songs to be chatting about. I'm back to a few oldies that just keep cropping up on these posts, but I love them and I can't stop listening, that's how you know they're a really good song..

Biblical - Biffy Clyro, starting this off with a song that I have fell head over utter heels with. I just love everything about this song. This is my music taste summed up all in one. Kind of. Almost. I just love it so much, I love the accent, I love accents in songs anyways, but this song is really beautifully accented. I love how it's a rocky song but it's made soft with strings playing in the background.. This song has just been on constant repeat.

Death Of A Bachelor - Panic! At The Disco, panic released this last week and it's very different. I love it. It's jazzy, and very 1920s-y with a modern twist, and I love the 1920s era. Brendon's voice is perfectly suited, he has low notes and high notes and it's all very heavenly. My favourite part is the breakdown when it goes very arcade-y and then it's all trumpets and brass band-y. The song is ingeniously done.

The bulk of this weeks music has been, the ever so perfect Halsey. Halsey is a strange artist, not the kind of person I listen to at all, but there's just something really captivating about her, she is the darkness in me and that's the only way I can really describe her.. Her album came out last week (?) and it's all I've listened to since -even over 5sos. Her music speaks so much truth and it's so atmospheric and aesthetic. Before I talk about my favourite ones, there's two songs that haven't made my favourites but need mentioning because they're so genius. Gasoline and Strange Love, these songs are so lyrically clever even if you hated the songs, you physically couldn't deny how great they are. But anyways,

Control - Halsey, this song is definitely somehow relatable to me, and to everyone really. I think everyone has a darkness in them, or a side to them they try to keep hidden from people, and this song is about don't think you know me when you haven't seen what's inside

Young God - Halsey, this is my favourite off the album and I'm not sure why, I love the slurred backings at the chorus, it's very trippy but melodically amazing.

Haunting - Halsey, this is probably a very close second to being favourite, it's about being corrupted by someone and as much as you want to try and go back your old self and cut this person out of your life, they won't let you and you kind of like it, because this corruption felt good, and you want to be corrupted more. It's about fighting the darkness in you, this person is bringing it out and you like it.

Colors (& pt. II) - Halsey, I'm happy to finally have a studio version of this, this is also about being corrupted by someone who is very dark and (I feel) unhealthy, and this person stripped you of your innocence then didn't like you because you weren't pure anymore, because he had touched you and turned you into him. I love the way this song is written. And for pt. II, which is more musically enhanced, I really like it because of the strings in it, it feels really trippy and eerie I love it.

Castle - Halsey, I loooove the music in this song, the whole way through it's so alien-y. I feel like the song is about the music industry, in the sense that Halsey is being taken straight to the castle, like straight to the charts or this.. music 'world' and that the kingdom is locked up, like once you've been sucked in you can't get out, and the part where there's an old man telling her she has to keep her mouth shut.. like she's in the industry now and she has to behave a certain way because she needs to set an example for her audience. I feel like the song is a big f you to the industry. But I could be completely wrong..

Drive - Halsey, the whole way this song has been produced is perfect. It's so clever. And that's why I love it so much. I have two different interpretations of the song, I think it's either about being friends with someone but you clearly both want more and he's not making the first move, or being in a relationship that's boring out, and you desperately need it to become more exciting.. all in the process of this drive...

Spaces - One Direction, I used to be that hardcore directioner, but then fame happened at a stupidly ridiculous level and I just went off them. But I still bought their albums.. and this song is just a really good song. Even if you don't like them, this is a good song.

I was going to mention some SWS songs that I've been listening to again but this has got really long again so I'm going to leave that 'till next week.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey