How To: Rip Your Jeans

I didn't manage to get a post up yesterday, and I shouldn't be having a post up today, because right now, I should be round my friend's house watching movies and stuffing my face... however once again, I've been struck with the flu. Having it once in one winter is enough to ruin me, but twice.. I'm not sure my body can physically take anymore illnesses. I'm still spending my day watching movies just without stuffing my face and without my friends and gossip and giggles and...sigh.

However, I do have a post and it includes my favourite item of clothing currently, something I haven't been able to take off since making them. (kind of making them)
Jeans with rips in their knees is the newest 'craze' but I couldn't find the right pair when I went to buy some. So I thought I'd be really daring and rip some myself.

I bought my jeans from Primark, I didn't want to spend loads of money in case I absolutely ruined them..



I cut a little slit in my jeans after putting them on and measuring where I wanted the holes to go.


I then simply ripped the holes across my knee (I did this instead of cutting them so it didn't create a sharp line, it looks more... rugged this way) it is best to do this on worn out jeans, these were worn and washed a few times before I did this. Or you could sandpaper them a bit to wear them through slightly.
I also played around with the rips, fraying them further, pulling out bits of thread just to make it more 'edgy'

This is the finished look, (it's not the easiest to see), I turned up the ends of them, the rips are in my knees as well as two on the top of the right leg, which can be seen clearer in my Valentine's day post where I took a photo in a dusty mirror of my outfit.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey