How To Survive Winter

The evenings are getting lighter and spring is (finally!!! Hallelujah!!!) on the horizon however it seems to be the coldest it's been all year, with odd snow showers, a constant frost and steamy breath outside and inside the house. I for one, can-not stand the feeling of being cold, having to wait around for buses to get to and from college in sub-zero temperatures and pitch black sky is absolute hell. So I thought I'd share my winter lifestyle and how I keep warm/cope with winter until my knight in shining armour, Summer comes to rescue me.



First of all, as bad as this sounds -and you shouldn't do it everyday but stay in bed as much as much possible, I do homework in bed, blog in bed, everything! It's the warmest place in the world and your bed is sooo much more cozier and warmer when its wintertime.

Hot chocolate, hot chocolate, hot chocolate! Nothing is more perfect than sitting down with a cute mug heating up your hands, cream and marshmallows getting stuck to your nose, and feeling the warmth of hot chocolate as it travels down your throat towards your tummy.

Netflix is your new best friend, it's so good to be able to sit down and watch a film (or an entire three seasons) of something that remind you of summer, so you can forget the temperature outside and the wind and the rain and start planning your summer bucketlist in intense preparation.

Chocolate and pizza taste so much better when you're depressed with the weather! I swear. Chocolate (although when frozen is almost impossible to chew) tastes so good when curled up in bed watching three-seasons-in-one-day on Netflix, as does pizza. 

On a more serious note, winter literally sucks the moisture out of my skin. So lip balm/chapstick is a literal life savor as well as body/hand/face moisturiser. Without these things I'd be a dried up flake floating around in the wind... eww.

Catch as much vitamin D as possible, as much as it's good to stay in bed all day you also have to embrace the cold and go out every once in a while. Even though winter doesn't feel good, it does look good. There's nothing nicer than waking up from a warm sleep, wrapping up in more warm clothes and slippers that have been warming on the radiators overnight and looking out of your window to the ground being coated completely in white -whether it be snow or frost, it's so pretty to look at and sometimes you just have to go out and breathe in the crisp air and take photos of you goofing in the cold with red noses and numb fingers and trying to blow out smoke rings with your steamy breath... Plus vitamin D makes you naturally happier and there's nothing better than being happy.

So that's how I survive my winter, I'm so happy it's finally coming to an end I need to feel the sun's heat again and go to the beach and be able to leave my house everyday and have water fights -oh my God water fights! I can't wait!

Shan x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey