Happy Pancake Day (pancake recipe)

I was going to upload my post from Valentines day today but I thought, for once, I should should post something on the actual day that something happens. As today is Shrove Tuesday we made pancakes, and if I delayed this post until tomorrow it wouldn't really mean anything.. neither will my Valentine's post if I leave that until days after the actual day.. but that's more to do with a day up town and doesn't really have anything to do with Valentines itself, and I am rambling so much right now!
This is how I made my pancakes this year:

Ingredients
110g plain flour
1 pinch of slat (which I've just remembered I completely forgot to add)
2 eggs
200ml milk
75ml water
50g butter

Toppings
Lemon juice
Sugar
Butterscotch syrup
Strawberries


1. Add the 75ml of water to 200ml of milk


2. After putting the flour into a bowl, create a cove and add the eggs. Whisk the eggs while gradually adding flour from the cove.


3. Once whisked mine turned into a dough, I then added little amounts of the milk/water bit at a time and continued to whisk until the mixture was a very thin cream consistency


4. Melt the butter and add two tablespoons to the mixture (the rest of the butter is to grease the pan). Whisk the mixture again until everything is mixed well.



5. Then add the mixture into the pan bit at a time to make your pancakes (hopefully not in the shape of an egg...)


6. Add your toppings and tuck in, eating until you feel like throwing up (me earlier)



Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey