An Embarrassing Story

I feel like my blog has been a bit downhearted at the minute. I'm having an extreme life crisis where everyday I wake up in a good mood then either something bad happens or I'm reminded of something bad and I end up moping around for the rest of the day. Staying at home is starting to really affect me, I really miss my college friends, especially when I'm having friendship problems. But I've got myself stuck in that "oh my god, I can't go outside. I can't get a job. I'm not ready." thing so I'm constantly stressing about that. That's why my blog hasn't been happy.
I don't know how I'm going to get out of this.
I really don't.

But I want to add a bit of fun to my blog, so I'm going to talk about the most embarrassing day of my life. Just to provoke some smiles around.
I'm one of those people, you ask my favourite colour and I'll end up naming every single one. I'm indecisive and have too much to say about each colour.
However when people ask me my most embarrassing moment, I seem to be drawn to the same story every time.
Now, I've definitely had worse situations, but I find this is always a good story to tell. So here it is.

I was 12, first year of high school, and I was on my period (let me throw that right out there 'ey?) I'd been desperate for the toilet all lesson, and you know when the teacher talks aaaall of the 60 minutes so you never have your opportunity to ask if you can go? Well that happened. In the final ten minutes of the lesson I finally had my chance. 
It takes a while to get to the toilets because our lesson was in a mobile which was across the playground. So you had to walk across the playground, into the school, down the corridors, then into the toilets.
The bell went whilst I was hovering over the toilet -as British people do. And I was so scared of being late for my next lesson as I had to get all the way back to class, pack up my stuff, and get to my class which was across the other side of the school.
So I pulled up my pants and ran.
By the time I left, the corridor was full of students, the playground was full of students from the other mobiles around, I got into my mobile, walked to the front of the class, as my seat happened to be that one at the very front (being the first name in the register and all).
And one of the popular girls who I was becoming friends with walked up to me, tapped me on the shoulder and said "Shannon, you know, you've tucked your skirt into your pants.."
Red. Red. REd. I felt my face burn into the utter most darkest red I've ever been. 
Essentially the whole school had seen my underwear. It was crammed corridor time. The toilets were on the main corridor section where everyone has to go on to get to class. The motorway of corridors if you will.
As I mentioned, I was on my period, so I was wearing my period pants. And all us girls know what period pants look like. So that's an unflattering view at best. But us girls also know, just how visible a pad is through your underwear. Particularly pale green underwear... with ugly pink frills... child's underwear.. that had a cupcake on the front, but no one saw the front we can breathe.
The whole cliche of me having to travel all through the school and the playground, and my seat was at the front of the class, was so unbelievably such a Shannon move.
My crush. my friends. The older kids from all the years above me. Teachers too! They all saw my underwear.

I was lucky enough that nothing was ever mentioned again after the incident. I wasn't teased for it by anyone, just myself and my family once I'd told them the story.

I reacted to the situation by pulling out my skirt and going "oh god what an idiot! Thanks, what if I'd left the class like this!" 
Yes Shannon, pulled that one off real cool. With that bright red face, and most probably instant sweat patches across your entire body.


So yeah, that is one of many embarrassing things that happen to me on a daily basis, to the point this story doesn't embarrass me anymore, I just laugh and go "it happens weekly" when I tell people the story. I've been in much worse situations these days. 
This was fun to write, I want to write another and post it with this one, but I think we'll wait for another time. I should even make this a thing. Talking about my embarrassing life so people can laugh with me not at me..


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey