The Halloween Playlist Of 2015

This is a quick post up in writing, but it took a heeell of a lot of planning to get it done. I was stalking the Bastille hashtag on Tumblr just because I wanted to see their faces, and I saw someone had made a Halloween playlist with one of Bastille's songs and it excited me. I've never seen/heard of/thought of a Halloween playlist before, and I knew I absolutely had to do one. So I did a bit of research into what kind of songs people put on, which sparked inspiration for songs from my favourite people, so I wrote down every single song I thought would be cool and Halloweeny, then got rid of a load that didn't really fit the theme that the playlist had taken. I went through absolute hell trying to find a good order for the songs to go in, so the start of one song would flow well the the end of another. I felt like I've just made my own album. It's amazing. I then wrote a tracklist, very quickly just now -which I could have put a bit more thought into (maybe next year), and it's completed! There's one song I find, that really doesn't fit well, but I really don't want to get rid of it so it's going to have to awkwardly stay there.
I also didn't realise how 'indie' my taste in music is until I saw this list all set out..
1, This Is Halloween - The original version
2, Emperor's New Clothes - Panic! At The Disco
3, Perhaps Vampires A Bit Strong But - Arctic Monkeys
4, Twin Skeletons - Fall Out Boy (I missed the 's' off of 'skeletons' in the picture AARGHH!)
5, Mama - My Chemical Romance
6, Monster - Imagine Dragons
7, Haunting Halsey
8, Skulls - Bastille
9, Mad Hatter - Melanie Martinez
10, Let's Kill Tonight - Panic! At The Disco
11, Control - Halsey
12, Haunt - Bastille
13, This Is Halloween - Panic! At The Disco

Because This Is Halloween is so good, you need to have two versions of it. I made this playlist on YouTube so it's easily accessible link to it is "here". I hate number 13 but this playlist happened to fall on that number, and I mean it's Halloween so I guess it's okay this once...
It's finally Halloween tomorrow!! I'm thinking of vlogging.. I still have to sort out my holiday vlog yet, but I really feel like vlogging my Halloween day, because I was looking for people's Halloween day vlogs on YouTube and I actually couldn't find any.. and I want to show off my Halloween costume on every single social media platform -not that my costume is going to be particularly great  but...
Argh I'm so god damn excited! I don't know whether to go bed reading a scary book, or whether to watch the last few episodes of American Horror Story just to get me in the mood..
I've had such an interesting week of blogging, I've done a post every day, and they've been unusual posts for me, it's been a challenge to get one up every day but I'm really liking the habit of getting ready for bed to post before settling down for the night. I doubt I'll post tomorrow because it will be a busy day from start to finish, but Sunday I'll definitely get my Halloween shenanigans up on here. 


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey